Ozone (O3), or enriched oxygen, is a powerful oxidizing gas that is widely used in disinfection of drinking water and bleaching fabrics. It is found in the earth’s stratosphere. Its main function is protecting the earth from the ultraviolet radiation of the sun.
Odorstop os3500uv professional grade ozone generator is a great machine to produce ozone for air purifying.
Use of ozone
- The largest use of ozone is in creating synthetic lubricants, pharmaceuticals, and many other organic compounds.
- It plays the role of a sanitizer in Clean-In-Place (CIP) Systems. Its reactive properties allow it to destroy bacteria quickly and it is 10 times stronger than chlorine as a sterilizer.
- Production of soft drinks, wine, and beer.
- Ozone used to clean and bleach substances like fabric or wood pulp to create white paper of high-quality.
- Ozone generators destroy microorganisms and airborne pathogens in the air. But it must not exceed safe levels recommended by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Environmental Protection Agency.
- As it is a strong oxidizing agent, it is used for cleaning oils.
- Many municipal drinking water systems use ozone instead of chlorine to treat bottled water from water sources. Iron and manganese eliminating is one of the more common uses for ozone in drinking water systems. It doesn’t leave any taste or odor in water after decaying and removes color.
- Ozonated water is used to sterilize laundry in food factories, hospitals, and care homes. Ozone reduces all viruses and bacteria that may present on linens, or clothing.
- Deodorizes objects (fabric or clothes) and air after a fire. All odorous clothing is hung on racks in an ozone room and exposed to ozone gas for 24-48 hours.
- Destroys bacteria on surfaces (operating rooms between surgeries) or food. Equipment, floors, walls, drains, tubs, tanks, racks, tables, and knives can be sprayed with aqueous ozone.
- Disinfects spas and swimming pools.
- Kills mold spores from the air in food processing factories, boats, and other vehicles.
- O3 can be used to eliminate pesticide residues from vegetables and fruits and can be used as an ingredient in organic foods. Moreover, tomatoes show an increase in β-carotene, lycopene, and luteine after ozone treatment.
- Ozone is also widely used in purifying water in fish ponds and aquariums. It reduces bacterial growth, parasites, removes transmission of some diseases, and “yellowing” of the water
- Ozone therapy considered as alternative medicine but also widely used.
- Ozone can also be used to remove odors created by industrial processes. It is actual for factories producing or using solvents, paints, laminated plastics, and perfumes.
- It is also used in cooling towers instead of chlorine.
- The use of ozone for wastewater sterilizing grows in popularity as regulations on fecal coliform and other pathogens are getting stricter.
- Aqueous ozone destroys bacteria and mold in the grain temper process at the first point of the milling.
- Ozone is used for elimination of L. monocytogenes on food products.
- Ozone makes shelf life of many products longer. Ozonated ice can is used in the storage of fish to maintain a fresher product. This way of storage increases shelf life of fish from 5 days to 8 days
- One of the most positive properties of ozone is that it performs its work and reverts back to normal oxygen in 15-30 minutes.
- It works fast and doesn’t require a lot of money.
- One more important benefit – it is environmentally friendly and generated on-site so there is no dangerous storage is required as for chemicals.
- The absence of toxins in treated water (chlorination forms significant amounts of organochlorine compounds, many of which are toxic, for example, dioxin) and the better solubility in water, compared to oxygen.
Ozone therapy is an alternative therapy to boost the body’s use of oxygen, activate the immune system and produce anti-inflammatory effects. It treats diseases by reducing the influence of viruses, bacteria, fungi, and yeast.
It is used for treating:
- circulatory disorders
- infected wounds
- geriatric disorders
- viral diseases
- macular degeneration
- rheumatism and arthritis
Ozone therapy benefits:
- destroying viruses, parasites, fungi, and protozoa
- nails and hair grow longer and stronger
- boosting the immune system to speed up healing
- the skin has a more healthy glow
- cleaning the arteries and veins
- a person has more energy
- normalizing hormone and enzyme production
- falling asleep is easier
- purifying blood and the lymph
- reducing pain
- reducing arrhythmia or abnormal heart rhythm
- improving brain function and memory
- reducing the risk of complications from diabetes
Anyway, it is important to know that Ozone has toxic effects on people’s lungs. It irritates the lungs and throat, leading to shortness of breath, coughing, and damage to lung tissue. That’s why Ozone must not be inhaled under any circumstance. If you think about ozone therapy discuss risks and benefits with your doctor.