Water is the most important component of everything that is alive.
Plain tap water isn’t the best decision for drinking or cooking. Even in states where the tap water is considered safe to drink, there is a possibility it includes toxic impurities like mercury, arsenic, fluoride, etc.
Regular consumption of this water may lead to a huge risk of cancer.
Here is my RO buying guide for you to choose the right item.
Сhlorine in the body forms trihalomethanes which cause the growth of cancer cells. No wonder that Americans are looking for some other source of drinking water.
Bottled water is widely used, Americans drink it more than two billion gallons each year. The most popular are spring and purified kinds of water, but what is better?
What is Spring Water?
The other names of spring water ground water, are well water, and artesian water. Spring and purified water can come from the same underground source, but the treatment may vary a lot. Spring comes from a protected underground source with its own flow to the earth’s surface.
Natural springs form along the hills sides and in valleys. Some people think the natural purification gives tastier water richer in minerals. Spring water is clean because it is filtered through rocks and sands. Some spring water has healing properties. They are determined by its chemical composition, that depends on the location of the spring.
Some water helps with headaches, others normalize blood pressure and heart rate, and clean the kidneys and liver. There are also spring waters, having a beneficial effect on the nervous system, blood circulation, and promote wound healing.
To have the right to be called “spring” water must have all the same properties after treatment process that the spring includes. Spring water must be checked for safety. Even so, it’s important to understand there are fewer guarantees about the quality of the water.
The majority of spring waters are located at a shallow depth, so many chemical compounds from fertilizers used in agriculture to toxic production wastes may fall into them.
For example, if there is an industrial factory or dump near the source, water may contain chromium, lead, nickel, mercury, arsenic, bromine, pesticides, phosphates, dioxins, herbicides, cyanides, radionuclides and other harmful contaminants which provoke heavy diseases.
Myths About Spring Water
- Spring water is the same version of purified water but more “natural”. Spring and purified water vary a lot. Purified doesn’t contain any contaminants or impurities at all. Spring water may be disinfected, but it includes impurities. If we talk about quality, spring water is closer to tap water than purified.
- Your body needs impurities that spring water contains. Everybody needs minerals, but its best source is a balanced diet. To tell the truth, the amount of useful minerals in spring waters is insignificant and its effect is negligible. The thing is many impurities found in spring water such as sodium, nitrates, and sulfates are not useful! And some of them like pesticide and herbicide residues may be even harmful.
- Spring water has is healthier and cleaner than tap water. Government requirements are created to guarantee the absence of harmful bacteria and sanitary conditions. It doesn’t control the “purity” and many popular spring water brands have a higher contaminant level than a usual glass of tap water.
- Well-known brands mean great quality. Unfortunately, this fact is far from truth. The water from well-known brands upset the researchers: 6 products of 20 were immediately rejected on the basis of microbiological indicators. The number of bacteria forming colonies was exceeded by 1.5 -2 times.
- Spring water appears naturally from the earth. In fact, the companies get it with the help of pumping systems, it doesn’t “springing” forth naturally.
What is Purified Water?
Purified water requirements demand impurities to be reduced to no more than 10 particles per 1000000. Depending on the manufacturer, purified water might come from the same source as spring water. But at the same time, purified water may come from any source, including existing tap water systems.
To have the title of “purified,” water must go through specialized treatment such as reverse osmosis, distillation, deionization, etc.
Anyway, you don’t have to worry about its purity as purified water does not contain any chemicals such as chlorine found in the tap water.
What Type of Water Should You Choose?
Both purified water and bottled spring water are safe for consumption according to the EPA. Which one is the best for you depends on your own preference and convenience. Spring features with its presence of natural minerals and better taste.
On the other hand, has a great quality thanks to the strict treatment standards and at the same time, it is cheaper and more available than spring water.
Anyway, many restaurant owners and homeowners buy water purification systems to purify water for cooking and drinking.
Investing in your own home reverse osmosis system with remineralization function provides you with delicious, safe and great quality water. You also don’t need to worry about chemicals in plastic commercial bottles. Making your own filtered water saves your money and saves the planet at the same time, as you don’t produce plastic garbage.
I’m a healthy living blogger who loves to help people who care about having an eco-friendly home environment and a healthy lifestyle. With proper nutrition I helped my brother to cure gastritis and my father to normalize his blood pressure.