90 percent of men experience problems with their prostate by the age of 70. The most common problem is Prostatitis. This disease is characterized by inflammation of the prostate.
How to Treat Prostatitis at Home?
Prostatitis must be treated by medicines (antibiotics and pain relievers) prescribed by a doctor. But there are some ways to ease the pain and speed up recovery.
Find your best blender food processor combo to make fresh dishes and juices and boost your health.
Home Remedies for Prostatitis
- Bee Pollen. It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-oxidant effects. According to research, 36% of men had their symptoms eliminated and 42% said they felt significant improvement. They took bee pollen 3 times a day for 6 months. It proves that in nonbacterial prostate inflammations, pollen improves the condition of patients by removing the pain.
- Essential оils. There are three essential oils for relieving the symptoms:
- frankincense – relieves pain and inflammation. Applied above the area below the genitals twice a day.
- myrrh – antibacterial, helps to relax muscles and ease the pain. Applied above the area below the genitals twice a day.
- oregano – anti-fungal and antibacterial, kills bacteria. Combine 3–4 drops with ½ teaspoon coconut oil and drink it 2 times a day no longer than for two weeks.
- Pumpkin seeds. Contain fatty acids, which are very useful for the prostate. Taking 80 grams per day is an effective home remedy for prostatitis. Eat it raw or make tasty smoothies with honey or milk.
- Carrot juice. Carrot contains a large amount of beta-carotene that reduce harmful symptoms of prostatitis. Drink a glass of carrot juice or smoothie 2 times a day.
- Tomato. Contains antioxidants that kill bacteria and bioflavonoid lycopene decreasing incidence of urination.
- Watermelon seeds. They contain fatty acids, which helps maintain pH level of the urinary tract and bladder which maintain a healthy prostate. So it is an excellent way to treat prostatitis at home.
- Cranberries. These berries are effective for natural remedy of prostatitis as they contain antioxidants.
- Papaya. This fruit is rich in bioflavonoid lycopene that is useful for the prostate.
- Turmeric roots. The root of turmeric plant is a rich source of antitoxin curcumin. Make a decoction boiling turmeric root in 100 ml of water and drink it 2 times a day.
- Red berries and grapefruit. Contain lycopene which is necessary for healthy prostate.
- Goldenseal. This is an antibacterial product that reduce inflammations of prostate.
- Saw Palmetto. This herb has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce prostatitis pain. In many studies, it has been clinically proven to alleviate the symptoms of prostatitis.
- Parsley. Rock selinon is a diuretic herb that helps to clear toxins from the body. Parsley shouldn’t be used during pregnancy. Excessive use of parsley can damage kidney and liver.
Not every product is tasty by itself, but you always can use a blender and make the tastiest smoothie, puree or a cocktail. This way treating prostatitis at home becomes much easier.
3 Tips to Alleviate Symptoms of Prostatitis
- Don’t eat Inflammatory Foods. There are trigger products that can cause inflammation in the body and contribute to pain in the pelvic and lower abdominal areas. Inflammatory foods to be avoided:
- refined sugars;
- packaged or processed foods.
If after 6 months the symptoms dissapeаr, it means that one of these products is the culprit. Add them one by one and keep an eye on body reaction. This way you will find out what kind of food cause the inflammation.
- Balanced diet. Healthy food is one of the main points of prostatitis treatment. It helps to boost immune system and reduce inflammation. Eat these products regularly:
- vegetables and fruits – greens and berries;
- high-fiber foods – nuts and seeds;
- good-quality protein – beef and salmon;
- omega-3 foods – walnuts and flaxseeds;
- healthy fats – avocados and olive oil;
- foods high in zinc – yogurt and kefir;
- probiotic foods – coconut kefir and kombucha
- Physically activity. Sitting for a long time makes the problem worse. Do aerobic exercise every day.
Take care of yourself. Avoid stress, sleep more than 7 hours every night, drink lots of fluids. This will make you feel better and may speed your recovery.