The benefits of green juices for diabetics are many.
Green juice is a source of healthy elements such as antioxidants, phytonutrients, trace minerals. Adding green juices to your meals can help to boost your immune system and lose excess weight.
Moreover, green juices are known as a good means of normalizing and controlling blood sugar levels for people with diabetes.
The first thing you should take if you think about constant juice making is a good juice blender.
What Is Diabetes?
Diabetes is a disorder in which the organism cannot utilize the ingested glucose properly and high blood sugar levels are maintained for a long period. Diabetes is due to problems with the pancreas when it is not producing enough insulin, or the cells of the body not responding properly to the insulin produced.
High blood sugar levels can lead to many problems with health, that’s why it is so important for diabetics to keep a healthy diet and control blood sugar levels.
Juicing for Diabetics
Juicing for diabetics is a good way for controlling the blood sugar levels.
Fresh juices are rich in antioxidants, phytochemicals and trace minerals. Green juice is a healthy means of normalizing blood sugar.
Some of the fruits and vegetables are especially efficient for diabetics:
- Green apples are very helpful in slowing carbohydrate digestion and glucose absorption, stimulate the pancreas. Though green apples have less sugar than red ones, still it’s better for people with diabetes not to use a lot of them for juicing.
- Asparagus helps in regulating blood sugar levels.
- Green beans help to make blood sugar stable.
- Bitter melon is a source of charantin, polypeptide-p, and oleanolic acid glycosides, which are effective for blood glucose regulation.
- Broccoli contains vitamin C, beta-carotene and different nutrients that help to maintain healthy vision and detoxifying processes.
- Celery is very efficient in normalizing the digestive system work.
- Spinach contains an anti-inflammatory nutrient – beta-carotene.
- Watermelon is helpful in lowering blood pressure.
It’s important for people with diabetes to control the number of fruits that they use for juicing. It’s better to use fruits that are low in sugar and vegetables that are non-starchy and contain little amounts of carbohydrates.
As fruits and vegetables contain phytonutrients and antioxidants that help to lower blood sugar levels, juicing is a great way for getting all the necessary elements for diabetics. But one should remember that juicing is an efficient addition to the diet, but it cannot substitute many other nutrients that we get from other foods.
It’s recommended to make juicing a part of a healthy, balanced, and nutritious diet.
Benefits of Green Juices for Diabetics
For diabetics, it is recommended to use fewer fruits and more vegetables for juicing, especially green vegetables. Green juices are loaded with necessary nutrients that help to normalize blood sugar level and many other processes in the body.
These are the main benefits of green juices:
- Juice is a source of good bacteria.
- It helps to boost the immune system.
- Juices make the nutrients easy to be absorbed by the organism.
- Juices reduce the risk of cancer.
- They help to detoxify the body.
- Juicing is beneficial for proper digestion.
So, it is crucial to avoid high carbohydrate fruits and starchy vegetables in juices. Choose foods that have little amounts of carbohydrates. A juice that consists of a minimum 80 % of vegetables, especially green ones, is the best way to control blood sugar levels.
Green Juices Recipes for Diabetics
These are some of the recipes that you can try to keep control of your blood sugar level and boost your immune system. Put all the ingredients in a juicer and juice them together.
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green apple
- 1 cup of spinach
You can add 1 carrot if you wanna make it sweeter.
- 10-12 brussels sprouts
- 2 cups of string beans
- 1 cucumber
- 1 peeled lemon
- 7 sprigs of watercress
- 1 handful of parsley
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 green apples
- 5 leaves of kale
- 1 cucumber
- 3 cups of spinach
- 5 stalks of celery
- a bunch of parsley
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 cups of fresh green beans
- half of an apple
- 1 peeled lemon
- 2 large bitter melons
- 1 medium cucumber
- Half a lemon
The Sweet Cucumber fresh juice recipe
- 2 cucumbers
- 4 handfuls of spinach
- 4 small apples
You can mix the ingredients in your juice maker. This juice gives you the minerals and vitamins that your body needs and the apples create natural sweet taste and a delicious juice.