Our body contains about 60% of water and more and more of us are drinking water regularly. Water plays a much bigger role in preserving value and beauty for your family. Distilled water is tap water that is processed into steam and condensed back into liquid form.
Here are the most important benefits and side effects you need to know.
- If your town’s water is tainted with harmful chemicals or pesticides, drinking distilled water is much safer. Unclean metal-polluted water can cause diseases such as baby birth pathologies like a cleft palate or missing limbs, damage the heart and increase the risk of getting Alzheimer’s Disease. Waterborne bacteria do not survive the distillation, which also reduces the risk of disease.
- It’s the most natural water purifying method that’s similar to evaporation in the water cycle around the Earth. You don’t need any filters or chemicals.
- Distilled water is the purest type of water. The process of distillation eliminates all impurities including heavy metals and pesticides, and radioactive contaminants. New parents taking care of a newborn baby may also consider distilled water when nursing. For some people, kidney stones can be a constant problem and drinking distilled water can reduce the risk of developing more of them.
- Absorbs toxic substances from the body and removes them. Distillation is an effective way to remove poison out of your body. But it is only good for a detox diet for a couple of weeks.
- It’s better and much safer than spring or tap water. Spring water contains the majority of the same impurities carried in well or tap water like phthalates, arsenic, and coliform – all of them can be harmful to health.
- Distilled water also can be used in laboratories, for cooking, making perfumes for medicine, in aquariums, and for automotive cooling systems.
- Reducing risk of consuming harmful chemicals.
- Distilled water is good for a body cleanse, it is capable of removing harmful toxins from your body.
- Keep household appliances running healthy. Switching to distilled water will help all appliances that use water in your home operate more efficiently and prolong their life.
- Healthy glow of your skin and hair. They will get a great boost from using distilled with every aspect of your daily routine.
- The taste is flatter and less flavorful than tap and bottled waters.
- Distilled water does not provide you with dissolved minerals like calcium and magnesium. Most people will get the salts and minerals they need from food. This way, drinking only distilled water can be dangerous while fasting. Fasting for a long period, then drinking only distilled water may be dangerous because a person would not be replacing the lost minerals. This could lead to symptoms such as dizziness, fatigue, muscle cramps and even organ failure.
- Distillation takes more time than other modes of water purification. One estimate is that water distillation takes about 7 hours. Thankfully, most water distillers automatically switch itself off after finishing.
- Causes higher body acidity. When active absorber contacts with air, it absorbs carbon dioxide creating a carbonic acid solution that makes your stomach to produce more acid. In extreme cases when a person drinks nothing but distilled water and does not get proper nutrition, acidosis may occur due to the water’s more acidic pH. But if your digestives system is in good shape, the weak carbonic acid solution would not affect effective body processes.
- Distillation can’t eliminate impurities with lower boiling point. These are chlorine, and volatile organic chemicals like insecticides and herbicides.
For homeowners wanting to protect their investment or families, choosing the best water distiller for getting distilled water is the best option.
I’m a healthy living blogger who loves to help people who care about having an eco-friendly home environment and a healthy lifestyle. With proper nutrition I helped my brother to cure gastritis and my father to normalize his blood pressure.