Weighted blanket for adults and kids have been used in occupational therapy to improve relaxation by doctors for decades. Now weighted blankets filled with plastic or glass beads are a popular accessory for grown ups and kids.
The best weighted blankets ease the symptoms of mental health disorders, such as insomnia, depression and autism spectrum disorder.
Models that you can buy today vary from 5 to 30 pounds. The buyer’s guide below includes tips for sleepers looking for the best weighted blanket 2020 and my review for the top 7 models.
Best Weighted Blanket 2020 Comparison
|Minky Comfort Weighted Blanket (Editor’s Choice)||Mibio||100% Cotton||Glass Beads||Check Price|
|Premium CALMFORTER Weighted Blanket (Editor’s Choice)||Platinum Health||Cotton and polyester||Glass Beads||Check Price|
|Weighted Blanket for Better Sleep||Anjee||Organic cotton||Cotton and silica beads||Check Price|
|Premium Quality Heavy Blanket||ZZZhen||Cotton||Premium cottons and glass beads||Check Price|
|Softest Weighted Blanket||Hiseeme||Cotton||Plastic beads||Check Price|
|Weighted Blanket with Dotted Minkey Cover||Roore||Microfiber||Glass beads||Check Price|
|Weighted Blanket 2.0||Hypnoser||Natural cotton||Glass beads||Check Price|
Best Weighted Blanket 2020
- Calming Minky Comfort Weighted Blanket for Adults and Kids by Mibio
- Premium Weighted Blanket for Adults and Children by Platinum Health
- Anjee Weighted Blanket with Silica Beads for Better Sleep & Relaxing
- ZZZhen Weighted Blanket for Adult and Kids
- Hiseeme Softest Weighted Blanket for Adults, Women
- Roore Navy Blue and Gray Weighted Blanket with Dotted Minkey Cover
- Hypnoser Weighted Blanket 2.0 for Kids, Children, and Dogs
Calming Minky Comfort Weighted Blanket for Adults and Kids by Mibio – Best Weighted Blanket
The premium BABO Weighted Blanket makes it easier to fall asleep and wake up rested. 2 sides satisfy both hot and cold sleepers as its dual system provides you with optimal comfort. The minky dotted side is good for cold nights in winter or late autumn, and the cool bamboo side is a perfect solution for hot weather in summer.
The 5 inch pockets with secure glass beads inside never come out or shift. The weight prevents you from stealing the blanket by your partner. The pressure is enough for Adults, Kids, or Teens. You can use this best weighted blanket for adults not only on your bed but also on a computer chair, or a couch.
The Calming Minky Comfort Weighted Blanket stimulates your body at night increasing serotonin and melatonin levels to relax you and reduce stress. The cover is washable and detachable. It is tied to the blanket using twelve ties. The weighted blanket itself can be machine washed but separately from the cover and only in cold water.
The cover texture is soft and has a low pile so nothing (soaps, dirt, softeners) can build up on it and affect the texture.
- Weight – 15 lb
- Dimensions – 60 x 80 inch
- Fits twin, queen, full, or king-size beds
- 100 nights free trial period
- Made from 100% Cotton
- Dryer Safe and Machine Washable
Premium CALMFORTER Weighted Blanket for Adults and Children by Platinum Health – Best Weighted Blanket for Kids
The Premium CALMFORTER Weighted Blanket solves all problems with the majority of weighted blankets existing on the market nowadays. Its size is enough both for adults and kids and it is very comfortable. You can share or double it up for a heavier weight and bit extra compression. If you want it lighter, 6 pounds, for example, use only one half of the blanket.
The Exclusive Evenflow Technology provides quiet comfort and feeling of a full body hug. The outer cover is soft on one side and the opposite side features the unique SensaCool Dot System providing users with coolness.
Many weighted blankets have noticeable square pocket stitching. This unit has a complete uniform, as the entire system is hidden under the outer cover.
- Dimensions – 60 x 80 inch
- Weight – 12 lbs
- Colors – Pink, Purple, Blue, Gray, Brown
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
- Designed in the USA
- Material – the outer cover is minke polyester and the inner section is cotton with poly fill
Anjee Weighted Blanket with Silica Beads for Better Sleep & Relaxing – Best Price on Weighted Blankets
The Anjee Weighted Blanket with Silica Beads is made from of high-quality breathable cotton and the filling beads are durable, hypo-allergenic, eco-friendly, non-toxic, and has no bad smell.
This inexpensive weighted blanket for adults hugs you to give a deep, comfy, healthy night sleep. It increases your serotonin and melatonin levels, reduces cortisol that causes stress and relaxes your nervous system.
The Anjee Weighted Blanket is a combination of advanced sewing technology to spread the beads evenly and simple design. 5 layers prevent beads from leaking and small pockets don’t let them noise while turning. The best weight of the blanket is 10 % of your body weight (+1 to 2 lbs).
Don’t use it for small kids younger than 5 years and elders with mobility limitations. Probably you will need 3-5 days to get used to the weight before you love it. Don’t microwave, dry clean, bleach or iron it. Only gentle machine washing is allowed. If the blanket is heavier than 12 lbs. use a commercial machine.
- 12-month warranty
- Fabric – Premium Cotton
- Filling – Glass Beads
- Weight – 12lbs
- Size – 48×72 inches
- User – 100-140 lbs Adults
- Color – Grey
ZZZhen Weighted Blanket for Adult and Kids – Best Rated Weighted Blanket by ZZZhen
The ZZZhen Premium Weighted Blanket is perfect for those who suffer from insomnia and those whose stress doesn’t let them relax and have rest. It stimulates your touch receptors and creates a better sleeping for you. The filling is beads made from glass which are sewn into the pockets not to make noise while it moving.
Glass also maintains an appropriate temperature for your body and small pockets prevent inner shifting noises. The ZZZhen weighted blanket can be both hand and machine washable. The manufacturer also uses green tea extract on the product material and the package to keep its freshness.
The blanket itself is very well stitched but some clients say that blanket ties for outer cover already fall off the blanket.
- Material – Egyptian cotton
- Size of squares – 3.5 ×3.5 inches
- 2 sizes available – 48” x 72” and 60” x 80”
- 2 weights available – 15 lbs. and 20 lbs.
- Color – Dark Grey
- 30-day return and replacement service
- 3-year warranty
- 7*24 hs customer service
Hiseeme Softest Weighted Blanket for Adults, Women – Best Weighted Blanket for Anxiety
The Hiseeme Softest Weighted Blanket is available on a variety of colors and weights, so the client can choose the combination he needs. The best weighted blanket reviews are generous in compliments as to how the blanket reduced anxiety improved sleep.
The best weight for weighted blanket is 8-12% of your body weight. It will relax you and make to forget any negative thoughts and fall asleep much faster and sleep more deeply. But even best anxiety weighted blanket is not recommended for pregnant women, babies younger than 5 years old and people who have problems with moving.
- A year-long guarantee
- A lifetime service after sale
- Machine-washable but only on a low setting
- Item Weight – 15 pounds
- Dimensions – 48″x72″
Roore Navy Blue and Gray Weighted Blanket with Dotted Minkey Cover – Best Weighted Blanket for Insomnia
A minkey cover is great for easy washing. The blanket will calm any child down when it’s time to sleep. You can remove and wash the outer cover if your child has an accident. The 41”x 60” 10 lb blanket is can be used for kids from 80 to 125 lb.
The blanket stays put and grounds a kid while calming down to go to sleep even if he has ADHD, trouble-sleeping, Autoimmune Encephalitis or anxiety.
The package comes with the blanket itself and an outer dotted minkey cover with a zipper. You can fasten it with corners ties to avoid shifting. The beads inside don’t cause allergies as they are made from non-toxic glass. The unit has ties that are matched to the blanket perfectly in all corners of the duvet, and a one along the long side.
- Dimensions – 41”x 60”
- Weight – 10 lb
- The material – microfiber fabric
- Hypo-allergenic and non-toxic filling without odors
Hypnoser Weighted Blanket 2.0 for Kids, Children, and Dogs – Best Weighted Blanket for Autism
The best cooling weighted blanket by Hypnoser is made from breathable natural cotton, doesn’t create heat and more durable than many other blankets. The filling glass beads are eco-friendly and hypo-allergenic, they don’t contain toxins and bad odor.
The blanket should weigh about 10% of your weight, so 15 lbs are enough for 100 – 150 lbs clients. It must be placed on the top of the mattress and not go over its edges. If you buy it for kids or elders, make sure they are able to move it off themselves if needed. Don’t use it for children under 3 years old and never cover your face or head.
Small 3.9 inch diamond pockets distribute beads weight much better. Hypnoser is the best weighted blanket brand with small diamond pocket, it helps you feel grounded and secure, increases serotonin levels naturally giving the feeling to be hugged. The unit is machine-washable on gentle settings, but dry clean or hand-wash is better.
The surface is cotton and soft but isn’t slick, it stays in place and doesn’t move. It isn’t noisy and sounds like a sleeping bag while moving. This blanket increases your sleep time if you suffer from insomnia or if your legs twitch and cramp at night. The sewing is strong and durable and doesn’t let the pellets leak out.
- Material – 100% Cotton
- Full refund with no questions asked
- Weight – 3lbs-30lbs
- Sizes – 36″x48″-80″x87″
- Style – Solid Color (dark grey)
- Machine Washable
- Color Inner Layer – Dark Grey
- Design – Solid
What is the Best Weighted Blanket – Buyer’s Guide
Weighted blankets promote the production of melatonin, that controls your natural sleep cycle improving your sleep quality. Today there is a wide range of models vary from 90$ to 300$ depending on the model and brand.
You can buy them through retailers, companies or private sellers and of course, the best place to buy a weighted blanket is Amazon.
There are some common design features below that determine the best quality weighted blanket exactly for you:
- Best beads for weighted blanket are non-toxic, eco-friendly, hypoallergenic, silent and made of glass. Some weighted blanket brands reject beads and use another filling like glass sand. In addition to it, these models may contain a layer of cushioning made of polyester, fleece, cotton, or chenille between the beads and the body. If you don’t know what is the best filling for a weighted blanket, choose glass beads in small pockets.
- Best fabric for weighted blanket is made from natural materials like wool, cotton or synthetic fabrics like rayon or polyester, and it can be a blend incorporating both types. Best weighted blanket for summer is made of natural fabric is more breathable and gives cooler sleep.
- Weight and its distribution. Surveys have found that weighted blankets should weigh 10% of the client’s weight.
- Size. There is a huge variety of sizes for every best weighted blanket. King size is heavier than smaller ones. The majority of models are available in Queen size (60 x 80 inches).
- Inner ties. Every best brand of weighted blanket creates it with internal clasps to prevent the unit from bunching up inside the cover.
- Washing. As a rule, any top rated weighted blanket is machine washable, but dry cleaning is better for it lasts longer. And of course, it’s better if the cover comes with a washable cover.
- Budget. Remember that the best anxiety blanket costs at least $100. Read weighted blanket reviews carefully if you have found a cheaper one.
- Is a color variety important? Color choice is individual and if it is important for your design, choose models that are available in many colors.
- A trial or warranty. A refund within a certain time or product warranties protect a client from getting a defective model.
How Do They Work?
The best weighted blanket for anxiety adults gives a feeling of ‘grounding’ that pressures the body, releases calming hormones and makes the sleep deeper, longer and helps fall asleep much faster. The optimal weight for adults is from 5% to 10% of their body weight. If we talk about kids, 10% of their weight give great results.
You should consult a doctor before using this accessory if you have the following conditions:
- Menopause and following hot flashes, or problems with body’s temperature regulation, as a best heavy blanket can be too hot.
- Respiratory and circulatory systems diseases, the pressure can cause complications for people who have problems with breathing in and out or blood circulation.
- Claustrophobia, as the excess weight may trigger the phobia.
How the best gravity blanket can help you sleep better:
- Reduces cortisol levels, a hormone that is caused by stress. At night it prevents melatonin production and worsen sleep quality.
- Helps produce melatonin. The hormone system of individuals who suffer from with insomnia tends to create less melatonin, so they can’t fall asleep faster. If you read best weighted blanket for adults reviews, you will see that many users with disorders linked to low melatonin production note improvements in their sleep quality.
- Help release serotonin, oxytocin, and dopamine also known as happiness hormones. They are produced during hugging, calm the nervous system and make people feel more relaxed.
The best rated weighted blanket for anxiety can alleviate stress and recommended for following conditions:
- ASD (Autism spectrum disorder) People with this disorder often feels anxiety at night as they have low melatonin and serotonin levels.
- ADHD (Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder). This condition is often accompanied by a lack of deep sleep. The best washable weighted blanket is good if your child has accidents from time to time. It can improve the kid’s sleep, sharpen focusing abilities during classes and get better grades as a result.
- PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder) that reduces serotonin production.
Besides the conditions above, studies have also proved improvements among people with depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, anxiety disorder, Alzheimer’s disease, and restless legs syndrome.
Nowadays, blankets that are heavy became mainstream options for coping with insomnia or anxiety. They give a feel like a comforting hug. Find out how to buy a weighted blanket from the buyer’s guide above, weigh all the pros and cons and choose the weighted blanket for your own needs.
I’m a healthy living blogger who loves to help people who care about having an eco-friendly home environment and a healthy lifestyle. With proper nutrition I helped my brother to cure gastritis and my father to normalize his blood pressure.