Choosing the best solar panels for outside use or your home can be a difficult challenge. With hundreds of models on the market, it is hard to identify quality ones.
The best place to buy solar panels is Amazon, of course, here is a great number of various models but what are the best solar panels exactly for you?
You will find the answer below. Here we will talk about the best solar panels 2019 and panel’s performance, quality, durability, and warranties.
Best Solar Panels 2019
- Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Foldable Portable Solar Suitcase
- Tishi Hery 100 Watt 12 Volt Portable Solar Panel
- HKYH Solar Panel Lighting Kit
- ECO-WORTHY 20W 12V IP65 Solar Panel Kit
- Goal Zero Nomad 20 Solar Panel
- SUAOKI Solar Charger 60W Portable Solar Panel
- ALLPOWERS 100W Solar Charger Portable Solar Panel
Best Solar Panels 2019 Comparison
|Model||Solar Efficiency (Percentage)||Maximum Power (Watts)||Maximum Power Voltage (Volts)|
|Renogy Monocrystalline Foldable Solar Suitcase|
|Tishi Hery Portable Solar Panel|
|HKYH Solar Panel Lighting Kit||---||30||11|
|ECO-WORTHY IP65 Solar Panel Kit||17||20||21.6|
|Goal Zero Nomad 20 Solar Panel||---||20||22|
|SUAOKI Solar Portable Solar Panel||20||60||18|
|ALLPOWERS Solar Charger Portable Panel||23.5||100||18|
Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Foldable Portable Solar Suitcase – Best Solar Panels
The Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Portable Solar Suitcase is a solar power system in a compact package.
The lightweight suitcase includes:
- 2 50 Watt Monocrystalline Solar Panels with an adjustable and corrosion-resistant aluminum stand that allows various configurations
- Negative-ground charge controller to be compatible with an RV, trailer, boat, etc.
- 20 Amp waterproof Voyager Charge Controller with an LCD Screen for showing operating information and data
- 10ft tray cable with alligator clips for easier connection to the battery
- Protective case for safer portability.
You can run a cable 12 to 15 feet if the wire is heavy enough. The build quality is solid and the neoprene case does a great job of the panels protection. You will not have to constantly monitor power usage while camping as the solar panel will keep charging the battery.
The charge controller is mounted on a plate that can swing outwards from the panel in while replacing or if you want a controller from other manufacturers.
- Renogy 100W Foldable Solar Suitcase
- Maximum Power – 100W
- Maximum Current – 5.56A
- Maximum Voltage – 18.0V
- Open-Circuit Voltage – 21.6V
- Operating Temperature – -40°F to +185°F
- Short-Circuit Current – 6.0A
- Dimension – 27.2 x 19.9 x 2.8 inches
- Weight – 26.6 lbs
- Renogy 20A Voyager Charge Controller
- Voltage – 12 VDC
- Max. PV Input Voltage – 26 VDC
- Rated Charge Current – 20A
- Enclosure – IP65
- Temperature to operate – -40°F to 140°F
- Temperature to store – -40°F to 185 °F
- Terminals – Up to 10 AWG
- Weight – 0.88 lbs
Tishi Hery 100 Watt 12 Volt Portable Solar Panel – Best Solar Panels for RV
The Tishi Hery 100 Watt 12 Volt Portable monocrystalline solar arrays convert up to 22.5% of solar power into energy while other models’ performance is about 17%-19%. If the best portable solar panels for RV folded, they look like a briefcase with a handle to carry it anywhere and four metal reinforced mounting holes at corners for easier attachment to backpacks or tents.
A connection cable allows connecting to the solar controller to charge your vehicle or other 12-volt battery. Made of industrial-strength PET polymer it offers outdoor durability, great for any outdoor activities in any weather such as camping, hiking, climbing, picnic.
What comes in the box:
- Solar Panel
- User Manual
- A USB 5V/2.1A(max) port for USB-charged devices
- DC 18V/2.7A(max) port for 18V powered devices
- A 55-inch MC4 connection cable
- Power – 100 W
- Size closed – 16.5 x 11.0 x 1.2 in
- Size open – 35.5 x 16.5 x 0.3 in
- Working current[Imp] – 5.56A
- Short circuit current[Isc] – 5.8A
- Efficiency – 20.5%-22.5%
- Weight – 5.9 lbs (2.7kg)
- Watt/pound – 16.7
- Color – black
HKYH Solar Panel Lighting Kit – Best Solar Panels for Home Use
The HKYH Solar Panel Lighting Kit provides great power for the affordable price. This set includes everything you need to get electricity using the sunlight only and charge your devices then. 3 solar cells are 23 centimeters wide and 36 centimeters long each.
If they are placed side by side, they take up 2.2 feet by 3 feet of space. The metal stand allows setting the device at the proper angle for better sunlight capturing. The polycrystalline surface produces 11 volts each, and 30 watts as a trio.
The solar DC is a 5-volt system with a 13Ah, 7.4 volt lithium battery with several attachments to make it more versatile and useful. It outputs about 96 watts on a full charge. You can also charge the battery using solar panels or with the help of the 5 meter (16-foot) cable included to charge the DC system from 120V two-pronged receptacle.
The case also has an integrated handle for better portability. The grade is waterproof grade so don’t worry about rainy weather or snowstorm outside! When the battery is fully charged, the charging stops, so it is not overcharged.
What’s in the box:
- Solar panels
- The multi-functional solar DC system with an integrated lithium battery
- 2-watt LED lights and two 3-watt LED lights
- 1m android phone charging cable
- Adapters for both iPhone 4 and 5/6
- 8pcs Tapping screw ∅4*40,plastic anchor 8pcs
- 16pcs Hexagon stainless steel nuts M3
- 16pcs stainless steel screw with plate 3M*15
- 4pcs support shelves
- 4pcs H shape conjunction parts
- 1pc Galvanized spanner
- 5-volt, 2 amp USB output ports
- Wattage – 30W
- Voltage – 11V
- Weight – 9.9 lbs.
- Lithium battery – 7.4V 14AH
- Product Dimensions – 7.1 x 4.3 x 3.1 inches
ECO-WORTHY 20 Watts 12V IP65 Solar Panel Kit – Best Price Solar Panels
The solar panel from ECO-WORTHY is made of the multi-crystal solar cell and has a conversion of 17%. EVA pottant, a front made of tempered glass, and a backing made of PVF protect the device from the hardest conditions outside.
The laminate is protected by a heavy duty anodized aluminum frame that provides more watts per 1 square foot and eases installation.
The Waterproof Junction Box protects these best solar modules from environmental issues and water jets. The ECO-WORTHY ‘s solar panel withstands winds (2400Pa) and snow (5400Pa). The company gives power guarantee – 95% within 5 years, 90% within 10 years and 80% within 25 years.
The Charge Controller with 12/24V system automatic detect is waterproof and safe even when under dripping water. The controller has a 3-stage charging algorithm: impulse, bulk, and float. Its LED display shows the status of the device while using. It indicates when it has solar power and what charging phase it’s in.
The battery cord should be as short as possible to make loss minimal.
What comes in the box:
- 1pcs 20W 12V Poly Solar Panel
- 1pcs 3 Feet Wire
- 1pcs 20A PWM 12V/24V Auto Switch Charge Controller
- Waterproof IP-65 Rated Junction Box
- Reinforced safety
- Lightweight anodized aluminum frame
- 3.2mm thick tempered anti-reflection coated glass
- 5-year warranty for material
- Workmanship warranty
- Power – 20W
- Vop – 18V
- Voc – 21.6V
- Working current (Iop) – 1.11A
- Short circuit current (Isc) – 1.22A
- Output tolerance – ±3%
- Temperate coefficient of Voc – (0.38 +/-0.01 )%/ ℃
- Temperate coefficient of Isc – (010+/- 0.01 )%/ ℃
- Temperature range – -40℃ to +80℃
- SLA Battery Voltage – 12V
- Dimensions – 20.47*14.37*0.71 in
- Weight – 1.7Kg
Charge Controller’s Features:
- USB charging
- Reverse battery pole connection protection and Lightning protection
- Max charge current/Max load current – 20A
- Nominal output – 12V/24V Auto
- USB Output – 5V/3A
- Over-discharge protection – 10.8V/21.6V
- Max Solar Input – Less than 50V
- Reset – 12V/24V
- Overcharger protection – 14.5V/29V
- Equalization( B02 Gel ) – 14.2V
- Equalization( B01 Sealed) – 14.4V
- Float charge – 13.7V/27.6V
- Operating temperature – -35 to +60℃
- Self-consumption – Less than 10mA
The ECO-WORTHY Solar Panel Kit is for those looking for an affordable device to charge batteries, small light systems, fan, linear actuator for a portable chicken coop and other DC appliances in any weather.
Goal Zero Nomad 20 Solar Panel – Best Portable Solar Panels
The Large foldable Goal Zero Nomad 20 Solar Panel collects the most power from the sun for your devices. A Goal Zero portable power pack allows charging day or night. The patented chaining technology speeds charging times up.
The highly efficient mono-crystalline solar gives more power per 1 square inch. You can connect 2 panels together as they have the chaining cables. But make sure you connect the larger panel to the device you are charging. If you take a small 12volt/USB adapter you can also charge Apple products without any issues.
The best portable foldable solar panels are lightweight, compact and will fit in a day pack easily. It takes just a little bit of sun to start charging, even if it is not at best angle for solar panels.
What you can charge:
- Goal Zero Power Pack
- USB similar devices
- 12 Volt gear
- Power – 20 Watt (18-22V)
- Built-in USB port
- Ports-USB Port output – 5V, up to 2A (10W max), regulated
- Solar Port (blue, 8mm) – 14-22V, up to 1.3A (20W max)
- Mini Solar Port (2.5mm) – 6.5V, up to 1.1A (7W max), regulated
- Product Dimensions – 13 x 1 x 8.5 inches
- Item Weight – 2.5 pounds
- Optimal Operating Temp: 0-120 F (-17-48 C)
The Goal Zero Nomad 20 Solar Panel is for travelers to take it anywhere to recharge small devices or a battery backup.
SUAOKI Solar Charger 60W Portable Solar Panel – Best Flexible Solar Panels
The SUAOKI Solar Charger 60W Portable Solar Panel powers up your devices such as a phone, tablet, laptop or other everyday electronics no matter where you are. You can charge up to 2 appliances at once and keep them powered up throughout the day as the unit has a highly efficient 60W solar charger.
When it is folded, you can use its handle to take it anywhere as a usual briefcase. At the same time, you can store it in your backpack or suitcase. Its high 20% conversion allows charging your devices up very fast. The gadget is also compatible with the Suaoki 400wh solar generator, just use the DC to DC cable and 5.5 * 2.5 connector.
What comes in the box:
- 60W portable solar charger
- 10-in-1 connector cable
- Car charger
- SAE-to-clamp for storage battery
- DC-to-DC cable
- User manual
- Overcharge, overheat, and over-current protection
- Charging port output – DC 18V/3.4A (Max) & USB 5V/2.1A
- Folded dimensions – 11.5 x 7.1 x 2.9 inches
- Unfolded dimensions – 67 x 11.5 inches
- Power – 60W
- Bag weight – 7.7 lbs
- Color – Black
- A 1 year warranty
The SUAOKI Solar Charger 60W Portable Solar Panel is for true outdoor lovers who love to go into the wild but stay connected to the world at the same time.
ALLPOWERS 100W Solar Charger Portable Panel – Best Solar Panels for Camping
The ALLPOWERS 100W Solar Charger Portable Solar Panel provides you with green eco-friendly energy with its dual USB port and iSolar Technology to charge 5V devices, and 18V DC port to charge laptops or 12 V car battery. So it is able to charge all of the 12V devices include generators such as Anker powerhouse. The eyeholes attach to bags while traveling easily so you can take the panels anywhere.
These best solar panels on the market are good to use both outdoor and indoor, and they don’t occupy much space. It folds well and compact to take it to travel.
What comes in the box:
- 100W Foldable Solar Charger
- DC cable
- 10 connectors for laptop
- USB cables
- cigarette lighter plug
- friendly customer service
- instruction manual
- clip line
- Dual USB port – 5V/2.4A
- 18 V DC output – 18V/5A
- Power – 100W
- Made in the USA
- Efficiency – 23.5%
- Package Dimensions – 12.8 x 8.2 x 4.4 inches
- Item Weight – 5.38 pounds
The Best Solar Panels in the World – Buyer’s Guide
There are major specifications you should think about before making the decision:
- Panel efficiency (conversion) is one of the biggest factors to consider. It shows how well your device can convert sunlight into electricity. A higher efficiency rating is better, as it means that the gadget is able to turn more of the sunlight into electricity.
- Temperature coefficient tells you how your solar panels work in not perfect conditions during hot summer days. As any electronic devices, solar panels perform much better if they are not overheated. That’s why a lower temperature coefficient is better.
- The warranty protects you from equipment failures, environmental issues or manufacturing defects for some time. So the longer warranty gives you more confidence in the quality of the product.
- Price. If you want the best quality solar panels, you will have to pay more money. As a rule, a higher cost means higher quality and reliability. The price depends on the brand, power output, type and conversion of the panels. But many best rated solar panels are affordable for everyone, so if you are short of money, don’t be afraid to pay attention to the cheaper models.
- Power Output. The higher the output of your solar panels the more electricity it will give to charge your gadgets. If you want to know the real output of any panel, time it by .75. So for the panel 20 watts x .75 = 15 watts.
- Reviews. Check online forums and consumer review websites before the final decision. This way out will find out were there any problems while usage.
That’s it for my recommendations! These are the best solar panels for RV use or outside activities you can get in 2019, but prices and configurations change from year to year as technology improves. That’s why I update this post as new models appear.
If you follow these guidelines, you’re sure to find the best efficiency of solar panels to charge your gadgets.
I’m a healthy living blogger who loves to help people who care about having an eco-friendly home environment and a healthy lifestyle. With proper nutrition I helped my brother to cure gastritis and my father to normalize his blood pressure.