Hi! My name is Joshua Howard and the main thing you should know about me – I’m not the healthiest man in the world! I can feel weakness after a long and hard day, I can catch a cold and I have eye problems. I’m not perfect!
But one thing is for sure: I’m a good judge of devices for health. I love to explore them, to find out the way they influence our body condition, I adore them, they are my passion!
You can be sure, I would never advise you things that don’t work. And now I want to talk about RO UV water purifiers – quite interesting things for water purification.
As a rule, people don’t have lot of time to think about the quality of the water they drink. But water has a huge influence on our health and our life, we need to drink it to survive.
Choosing best water RO UV purifier for your home is not an easy task. RO and UV water purification technologies can solve the problem of the water quality. Today it is the best decision for a great tasting and safe water for everyone.
You can find all the necessary information about RO purifiers in our previous review. Today we are going to talk about RO UV water purifiers 2018. So what’s the difference between only RO system and RO+UV? RO technologies use a membrane that has the main purpose – to remove Total Dissolved salts. But this water purifier is not much effective over microorganisms.
There are 2 ways to get safe and soft water – you can buy a RO + UV complect that is ready for use or if you already have RO purifier, you can just buy a UV Bulb. In this review, we will find out which is best RO+UV water purifier.
Best RO UV Water Purifier 2018
- Express Water ROUV 10 DCG
- APEC Top Tier 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
- iSpring RCC1UP
- Express Water 11 Stage UV Ultraviolet + Alkaline + Reverse Osmosis Filtration System
- 6 Stage UV Sterilizer Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
Best RO UV Water Purifier 2018 Comparison
|Model||Filters||Gal per day||Pressure|
|Express Water ROUV 10 DCG|
|6||100||20 - 95 psi|
|APEC Top Tier 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Filter System + Ultraviolet Light |
|4||90||45 - 80 psi|
|iSpring RCC1UP||6||100||40 - 80 psi|
|Express Water 11 Stage UV Ultraviolet + Alkaline + Reverse Osmosis Filtration System||4||100||40 - 80 psi|
|6 Stage UV Ultra-Violet Sterilizer Reverse Osmosis System||5||100||20 - 70 psi|
Express Water ROUV 10 DCG UV Ultra-Violet Sterilizer Reverse Osmosis Home Drinking Water Filtration System: Best RO+UV Water Purifier For Home
This purifier from Express water is one of the best high-capacity systems. Reverse osmosis system eliminates up to 99.99 percent of contaminants and stainless steel. UV Ultra Violet Sterilizer removes up to 99.99% of cysts, viruses etc.
Express water guarantees trouble free working system for long lasting, reliable, pure drinking water. One of the main features of this purifier is lead-free parts, which means that this purifier is absolutely safe. Moreover, high quality of materials gives no chances for water spills, leakages. Express Water ensures that the water becomes not only pure but also useful for health and great tasting.
- Air Flow Capacity – 0 cubic feet per minute
- Item weight – 28 pounds
- Material – steel tank, plastic system, brass Faucet
- Voltage – 110 volts
- Product Dimensions: 18.2 x 19 x 16 inches ; 28 pounds
- Min water pressure – 20 psi
- GPD – 100
Recommended for people having a large family. High capacity purifier will provide great tasting water for every member of a family.You don’t have to worry about the availability of water even when you have guests at your home. It has the lowest price for RO UV water purifier of this quality.
APEC Top Tier 5-Stage Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System (ESSENCE ROES-50) + Ultraviolet Light Water Purifier Reverse Osmosis Sterilizer: Best RO+UV set
If you are going to buy RO water purifier and UV sterilizer by itself, these 2 units are a perfect choice. A reverse osmosis purifier cleans the water and UV sterilizer kills any kinds of bacteria or viruses.
The APEC Essence Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System is the best RO system for today. 5-Stage purification method that can flush out all the visible and invisible evil particles from the water. It is also noise-free. High quality quick connect fittings are very convenient, so the installation process can be done by anyone.
The water purifier comes with online installation tutorials and a manual. It makes installation much easier. We’ve already talked about this purifier in the previous review.
- Voltage – 110 volts
- Flow Rate – 1 GPM
- Batteries Required? – No
- Assembled Diameter – 2 inches
- Max pressure- 110 PSI
- Max G.P.M. – 1.0
- Lamp Life – 1 Year Plus Continuous Operation
- Maximum Static Temperature Rise – 16.1°F Above Ambient
This set is recommended for those who want to improve the quality of their life with no problems or worries and get the safest drinking water. This RO UV water purifier technology will work perfectly for a big family with 6-7 members. This is one of the cheapest RO+UV set.
iSpring RCC1UP 6-Stage Maximum Performance Under-Sink Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System with Booster Pump and UV Light Sterilizer: Best Smart System
Are you worried about the microorganism in your water? iSpring has designed an excellent combination of both Reverse Osmosis and Ultraviolet water purification technologies. It that can solve this problem. It is perfect not only in regarding purification but also in design.
It is based on a legendary modelRCC7 and improved with an 11-Watt UV Sterilization Lamp with smart flow sensor switch. It means that every time when you turn on the drinking faucet and, the UV sterilizer is powered on automatically to remove up to 99% of bacteria and viruses. And it turns off automatically when water is off.
- Product Height (in.) – 15
- Product Width (in.) – 18
- Maximum filtered water flow (gallons per min.) – 0.05
- Minimum feed water pressure (psi) – 40
- Maximum feed water pressure (psi) – 80
- Minimum feed water temperature (F) – 40
- Maximum feed water temperature (F) – 100
- Color/Finish – white
- Product Weight (lb.)– 28
This unit is recommended for those who appreciate modern technologies in a compact filter and great tasting water. This water is also absolutely safe because iSpring uses a chemical-free water purifying process. This RO UV water purifier worths its price.
Express Water 11 Stage UV Ultraviolet + Alkaline + Reverse Osmosis Home Drinking Water Filtration System: Best RO UV Water Purifier For Large Families
This RO UV system not only removes up to 99 of contaminants including lead, fluoride, chlorine, cyst, bacteria arsenic, heavy metals etc. It also supplies essential electrolytes and minerals such Ca, Mg, K, Na.
Express Water ensures that every system is checked for leaks and filter housing is developed after cycle resistance testing. These facts guarantee leak-free and long term use. Moreover, this purifier has a great capacity – 100 Gallons Per Day. The Design of this purifier is compact and stylish.
- Item Weight – 30.2 pounds
- Product Dimensions – 15 x 5 x 17.2 inches
- Batteries Required? – No
This unit is recommended for those who require quick and easy access to filtered drinking water. On the whole, this water purifier is an ideal choice for a small family
EXPRESS WATER 6 Stage Ultra-Violet Sterilizer Reverse Osmosis Home Drinking Water Filtration System – Clear Housing -100gpd: Best For RO UV Water Purifier With Low Pressure
This brand new 6 Stage UV Reverse Osmosis home drinking water filtration system from Express Water is one of the top rated RO+UV water supreme quality filters. As the previous one, this purifier can produce 100 gallons of excellent water per day.
5 filters and UV sterilizer removes 99% of fluoride, hard metals etc. The UV sterilizer in the pre-last stage makes sure that the water is absolutely free from virus, and bacterium. This way it guarantees extra quality water. Moreover, this set comes with the first set of filters.
- Weight – 27 pounds
- Product Dimensions – 18.2 x 19 x 16 inches
- Voltage – 110
- Batteries Required? – No
- Min water pressure – 20 psi
Recommended for people who are extremely sensitive to bad tasting water. On the whole, this filtration system is a value for money water purifier that gives you pure and tasty water. All you need to do is replace the filters every 6 to 12 months.
RO+UV water purifier – Advantages And Disadvantages
Benefits of RO+UV water purifier:
- Reverse osmosis water purifier is the best solution for removing dissolved materials.
- UV bulb doesn’t require much money. It uses about 60 watts of power which quite equivalent to a usual light bulb.If a filtration system has a smart flow sensor switch, bills for UV sterilizer are becoming absolutely insignificant.
- RO system removes toxin and lead metal which can cause diseases such as brain damage and anemia.
- RO+UV purifiers do not use any chemicals.
- A RO+UV water purifier doesn’t take up much space in a kitchen as it is installed under the sink.
Disadvantages of RO and UV water purifier:
- Removes essential minerals. The thing is that RO system removes absolutely all the kinds of minerals and if there is not a remineralization function it eliminates natural minerals such as iron, magnesium, calcium and sodium which are useful for the body.
- UV light shutoff: We can’t see UV light so it’s quite hard to find out whether UV purifier is working or not. As a result, water purifier delivers impure water. That’s why experts suggest replacing UV sterilizer once a year.
- Tasteless water: As water gets de-mineralized it loses its specific taste. The alkaline filter can be the best solution for this problem.
- Long purifying process: Usually RO+UV water purifier takes too long to make water purified.
- Water wastage: A standard UV+RO system has a very high waste ratio. It is about 2-4:1.
- RO membrane breakage: There is no way to understand when to replace RO membrane. Chlorine makes small pores of RO membrane and damages it. The damaged membrane lets dissolved salts, bacteria, viruses easily pass through. If you’re not replacing the filter as recommended, you may be doing more harm than good. The best way to solve this problem is to replace RO membrane once in a year.
Buying Guide for Water Purifier – how to select the right water purifier?
Here we will see important points you should think about before deciding the right water purifier.
All the RO+UV water purifiers will reject a lot of water. Waste ratio can change between 2 and 4 liters of dismissed water for 1 liter of purified water. You can collect the reject water in a bucket by placing the drain tube in it. Then you can use it for mopping purposes, washing a car, watering flowers, plants, and others depending on your requirements.
But if you are not ready to think about it and you don’t want to waste water, you should think about a purifier with a low waste ratio.
Customer reviews & rating
The real customer reviews at Amazon will give you the complete idea about every item. Always read it before purchasing the water purifier. The product might have a defect. But customer reviews and average rating can prevent you from a wrong choice.Read those problems which have been reported many times.
This point is not very important if you live alone. But if you have a large family, purifier with low capacity will not be able to provide you with the amount of water your family needs. A best RO-UV water purifier has the capacity about 100 gallons per day.
Body of the purifier
The body of a purifier must be unbreakable and made of BPA-free high-quality, non-toxic materials. It also must be user-friendly for easy installation and changing filters, so the system should not be complicated.
RO+UV Water Purifier Maintenance Cost and After-Sales Service
After 3-4 months a purifier requires maintenance. If you don’t want to regret your decision and spend a lot of money for it, choose a brand with not high maintenance cost. Check the after sales service of the company not to face many problems in the servicing.
In fact, all the reputed brand provides one year warranty. You should always check it before purchasing.
RO UV Water Purifier Brands
Choose the water purifier only from famous and reputed brands that offer customer support and guarantee high quality.
Ro-UV water purifiers mentioned above are perfect for all kind of environments and water supply. But the editor’s choice is Express Water ROUV10DCG filtration system. It guarantees that your family will always be safe from life-threatening water-borne diseases and provided with excellent tasting water.
Hope the mentioned above review of 5 best RO+UV water purifiers on Amazon will help you to choose the best one for your need. Purchasing is very convenient as you can buy a RO UV water purifier online. Now you know how to protect you and your family from germs, bacteria & harmful chemicals in water.