What could be better than breezing the freshest air in after a thunderstorm?
Many of us associate ozone with thunderstorms. We can feel it after every storm – the air is fresh and “free”. Ozone is also known as activated oxygen is responsible for that. The difference is that the ozone contains three atoms of oxygen, and the usual oxygen we breathe contains only two. But we can’t store it and put to use. The one thing that can help us is the best Ozone generator that is created to ozonate the air and purify it.
The process of ozone generation is very easy. The air passes through an electrical charge becomes enriched in oxygen. This ozone gas removes odors, destroys viruses, kills mold and bacteria. Many use it for treating tap water, freshening up laundry closets, cleaning toothbrushes and washing fruits.
So, today we are going to talk about the Best Ozone Generator 2017.
Best Ozone Generator 2017
Here is our top-10 of the best ozone generators:
- Ozone Power OP5000 Commercial Air Ozone Generator
- Ivation Ozone Generator
- Commercial Clevr Ozone Generator
- Mammoth Commerical Ozone Generator
- Green Air, Deluxe 3 Plate HEPA and Carbon Filter Alpine Air Purifier, Ozone Generator
- OdorStop 2500 UV Professional Ozone Generator
- New Comfort Commercial Ozone Generator and Air Purifier
- OdorStop OS3500 UV Professional Grade Ozone Generator
- Breathe Fresh 5-in-1 Air Purifier
- Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator
Best Ozone Generator 2017 Comparison
|Model||Output (mg/hr)||Max Coverage (sq. ft.)||Timer|
|OP5000 Commercial Air Ozone Generator|
|Ivation Ozone Generator|
|Commercial Clevr Ozone Generator||5000||200||Yes|
|Mammoth Commerical Ozone Generator||4000||***||Yes|
|Green Air Purifier, Ozone Generator||360 per 1 plate||3500||Yes|
|OdorStop 2500 Ozone Generator||1080||2500||Yes|
|New Comfort Commercial Ozone Generator||7000||6000||Yes|
|OS3500 Ozone Generator||1400||3500||Yes|
|Breathe Fresh 5-in-1 Air Purifier||180||3500||Yes|
|Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator||4500||***||Yes|
Ozone Power OP5000 Commercial Air Ozone Generator: Best Ozone Generator on the Market
This has also been classified as one of the best ozone generators in ozone generator reviews. This machine is named the OP5000 because it generates 5000 mg. of ozone per hour. This output is suited for large areas (up to 5,000 square feet) and strong odors such as cigarette, cooking, cat’s bathroom smell or fire smoke.
At the same time, the OP5000 destroys all the virus, mold and bacteria. This way, the generator can be used everywhere – at home, big apartments and cars. High output allows getting even the smoke odors out of items rescued from a fire.
- Treatment for small spaces (cars or closets) – 20 to 30 minutes
- Medium to large rooms – 30 to 50 minutes
- Basements and entire houses – 1-2 hours
It has a solid 3 mm. outside metal casing, so it is slightly heavy, but it makes it much more protected and durable. But you should remember that if the generator doesn’t light up or you don’t feel the fresh ozone smell anymore, it means that the time for replacing the plates has come.
- 2 Hour integrated timer with hold function
- All metal housing
- Integrated carrying handle
- Anti-corrosion protective casing over power module
- Spare fuse inside
- 5000 mg/hr ozone output
- 90 CFM fan output
- 5000 sq. ft. coverage
- 80 watts power consumption
- 110V AC / 60 Hz
The OP5000 is perfect for people having a big house.
Ivation Ozone Generator: Best Ozone Generator for Home
If you are looking for the best generator then this may be it. Its attractive and durable design will look perfectly in every house. This small but mighty model doesn’t require much power and features a very quiet fan.
The Ivation Ozone Generator improves air quality reducing any irritants, cigarette smoke, and pets odor etc. It’s good not only for small rooms as the generator works perfectly with spaces up to 3,500 square feet. But remember that it must be placed 4 feet above the ground.
What comes in the Box:
- 1 Ozone Generator
- 1 AC Adapter
- 1 Ceramic Plate
- User Manual
- An ionizer
- Measures – 12.5” x 11” x 15”
- Weight – 12 lbs. (9.6 pounds)
- Ozone Output – 360 mg/hr
- Max Coverage – 3500 sq/ft
- Exterior Material – Cherry Wood
- Cabinet Material – Stainless Steel
Ivation Ozone Generator is perfect who wants to enjoy fresh air for years to come. This model doesn’t lose power or efficiency with years of use.
Commercial Clevr Ozone Generator: Best Ozone Generator For Mold
The generator is created to produce ozone which breaks down contaminators such as odors and mold among others. It’s very easy to maintain as it doesn’t have filters to clean. The generator is compact and lightweight, it means you can take it and use anywhere. The high output (5000 mg. per hour) doesn’t mask but destroys odors of any kind, bacteria, and viruses. More ozone means that this unit is perfect for large spaces.
The Commercial Clevr Ozone Generator is perfect for control and removal of mold and fungus. Moreover, it doesn’t use much energy. When you feel a decrease in ozone, it means it’s time for changing the ceramic plates. As a rule, it happens after 1000 hours of usage.
- Industrial grade steel casing
- Timer Function
- Dimensions: 5.5″H x 7.5″L x 7″W
- Weight: 4.5lbs
- Output: 5000 mg. per hour
This generator is for those who want to get rid of mold and feel clean smell in the house. This unit can also be the best ozone generator for pools
Mammoth Commerical Ozone Generator: Best Ozone Generator For The Money
Many people wonder whether ozone generators do really work. This compact and powerful (over 4000 mg per hour model will show the real effect. It doesn’t require any filters and removes all kinds of odors, retard mold, mildew etc. The oxidation process doesn’t try to hide but neutralizes bad odors, bacteria and viruses breaking down their molecular structure.
The high output clears the air of any smells in small spaces very fast. You can feel a thunderstorm fresh in seconds. Moreover, it has the “Hold” setting which keeps the generator on until you turn it off. Metal construction and metal parts inside guarantee long lasting life and timer function makes ozone production easy to control.
- Power – 55W, 110V AC.
- Timer Function.
- Size -8.75″(H) x 10″(W) x 7.75″(D).
- Satisfaction guaranteed -30 days unconditional replacement or refund if you are not satisfied.
- Factory Warranty -1 year.
- Item Weight – 6.3 pounds
- Output – 4000 mg per hour
This thing is for those who don’t want to spend much money for clean and fresh air.
Green Air Deluxe 3 Plate HEPA and Carbon Filter Alpine Air Purifier Ozone Generator: Best Ozone Generator And Air Purifier
This unit can cover up to 3500 square feet and comes with 3 ozone plates. Moreover, it has a dual timer, one of these turns on and off at preselected times daily and the other is just for the ozone function.
The exclusive cleaning system consists of 4 filters:
- HEPA filter
- Odor controlling Activated Carbon filter
- Photo Catalytic filter.
The filters don’t need changing, but they should be cleaned on a regular basis – every 2-5 months.
This unique system makes the air in your space perfectly clean. The anion emitters release trillions of negative ions, that attach themselves to dust particles and drop them to the floor, for eliminating dust and other harmful particles, floating in the air
Remember to leave the space during the generation of ozone. It reverts back to oxygen after 20 to 30 minutes, and you will back in the clean and fresh area. The Air Purifier should be placed in the center of a big open area.
- Ozone generation – 360 mg/hr per plate.
- Package Dimensions – 15.8 x 12.6 x 11 inches
- Item Weight – 15.7 pounds
- Мах Coverage – 3500 square feet
This purifier is recommended for those who want to make a great investment in their health.
helps with allergies
OdorStop 2500UV Professional Ozone Generator: Best For Commercial Purposes
The Odorstop 2500 Ozone Generator has many features that make it effective and easy to use. The price is a little bit higher than the competitor’s but the generator has the ability to service and change parts that are easy to remove and install. They are also well priced.
These parts are metal plates that with time accumulate contaminants and affect the effectiveness of the generator. You can also to clean them easily without taking the unit apart. So as a result, the unit works great for 10 years or more and you save money.
It also has an air inlet filter that is easy to clean. This thing is durable because it is well constructed and has solid parts. It removes the severest odor of nail, cigarette smoke, mold, cooking and dog smells etc. You can use it to kill the mildew in boats, but no one can be inside when it’s on. UV light gives an opportunity to sanitize rooms for medical use.
- Treats up to 2,500 sq feet
- Aluminum body
- 2 plates and UV
- 12-hour timer with constant on (hold) option
- Variable ozone output from 100 to 1080mg/h
- Fan output: 110cfm/voltage: 120v/power: 35w
- Product Dimensions – 12.5 x 9 x 7.5 inches
- ItemWeight – 9.7 pounds
The Odorstop 2500 Ozone Generator is recommended for someone working in a business using this machine. It is perfect for deodorizing and sanitizing spaces of different sizes such as hotels, offices, homes, day care centers, large boats etc.
New Comfort Stainless Steel 7000 mg/h Commercial Ozone Generator and Air Purifier: Best Compact Ozone Generator
This unit gives you the advantage of portability because it is compact and lightweight. As the previous model, this one can be used for commercial purposes. And as all ozone generators, it can’t be suitable for places inhabited by humans or animals.
This powerful model produces 7000 mg of ozone per hour and eliminates mold and the toughest odors like a smell from a decomposed body. It can remove odors from many things such as pictures, clothes, leather etc. The output is variable (3500 or the 7000 mg per hour) so it is perfect both for small and large spaces 6000 square feet. High quality and ozone resistant materials
- Product Dimensions – 12 x 6 x 7 inches
- Item Weight – 8.6 pounds
- 2 hour Minute Countdown Timer and continous run mode
- Adjustable 03 Power
- Uses 10 watts of power
This unit is for those looking for a compact generator with UV lamp. This unit can be the best ozone generator for cars.
OdorStop OS3500 UV Professional Grade Ozone Generator: Best Ozone Generator For Hunting Clothes
The OS3500UV eliminates even the most stubborn odors caused by fire and smoke, flood damage, animals, mold etc. It can also remove odors from many things such as books, clothes, wooden staff etc. The output can be varied from 150 to 1400 mg per hour depending on the size of the area.
The OS3500UV offers the 3500 UV lamp, giving you the benefit of ultraviolet filtration of bacteria and viruses. The generator features a timer that can be used to set the start of purification and also when it should end. Remember that pets also must be out while the OdorStop OS3500UV is working. The unit is made in China.
- Product Dimensions – 12.5 x 9 x 7.5 inches
- ItemWeight – 10 pounds
- High quality aluminum body
- Functions: 3 Ozone plates + pre-filter + UV lamp + 12-hour timer
- Ozone Output: 150 mg/H up to 1400 mg/H
- FanOutput: 110CFM
- Voltage: 120V
- Power: 40W
- Area: 3,500 square feet
The generator is good for hunters because it removes odors from clothes perfectly. Just leave the generator and clothes in a small closed area such as a wardrobe and any odor will disappear.
Breathe Fresh 5-in-1 Air Purifier: Best Ozone Generator For Home Use
The size of the purifier gives it a compact look that facilitates its portability attribute. It removes all allergens such as dust mold, mold, pet dander in spaces up to 3500 square feet! The UV lamp sterilizes rooms and kills airborne germs and viruses.
The Breathe Fresh Air Purifier cleans up the air quality and destroys odors such as cigarette smoke, fumes, cooking, and pet smells etc.
It fits spaces of any size from a small room to a large house as it has 5 speed fan and variable ozone generation. The timer allows to set it and leave the room for 1-2 hours to back in extremely fresh space. But if you want to save electricity, you can just remove ozone plate and the purifier will never produce ozone.
- BIG LCD display with green back light
- Remote control and manual control
- SLEEK and MODERN look with Digital clock
- Digital Timer function;
- Ozone output – 180 mg ozone/hr
- Safety switch (disables unit if filters are not properly installed)
- Dimensions – 17” X 6” x 7” Inches
- UV light,
- Photo-catalytic filter,
- Washable Carbon filter
- Ceramic ozone plate. Comes
- Item Weight — 12.1 pounds
This unit is highly recommended for allergic persons. It removes all the allergens from the air and allergies are gone.
Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator: Best Ozone Generator For Medical Use
This commercial generator saves space – it is very compact and you can carry it anywhere. This model also saves money as its eco-friendly design requires very little energy. It is easy to maintain as it doesn’t have purifiers or filters to be cleaned or replaced. The timer gives the user an opportunity to regulate the time of the purification to save energy.
A deodorizer, an ozone generator, and odor eliminator does not hide but destroys odors of any kind by the process of oxidization. The capacity of the Enerzen Commercial Ozone is up to 4500 mg per hour and it covers approximately 4000 square feet.
- Width – 6.8 in
- Height – 8 in
- Depth – 5.8 in
- Weight – 5 lb
- Output – 4500 mg/hour
The Enerzen ozone generator is recommended to anyone who wants to save time and money on other air purification products with benefits for health.
Buyer’s Guide – What You Should Know About Ozone Generators
Using An Ozone Generator For Air Cleaning
Ozone generators are used for many purposes:
- Businesses – disinfecting hospital clothes, protecting against grain-killing insects, deodorizing fire-damaged things, different medical purposes.
- Consumer applications – odor removal, improving the quality of the air.
At a high concentration, ozone has the ability to destroy unsavory microorganisms such as fungus, molds, bacteria etc.
How Do Ozone Generators Work – The Two Methods Of Ozone Generation
- The UV-light method – a special sort of ultraviolet radiation produces ozone. This method helps to purify spa or swimming pool water.
- Corona discharge method – electrical current charges the air and converts it to ozone.
The corona discharge method is more popular because users are looking for a silent and durable unit. The UV-light method is less applicable to ozone generators.
How to Use an Ozone Generator?
The main and the most important thing you should know is that too much ozone is bad. Should we leave the space during the distillation process?
It depends on the situation:
- If the space you need to ozonate is small such as a kitchen, an office or a car, the ozone can be produced even when it is occupied. As a rule, spaces of small sizes doesn’t require high ozone concentration. So you can turn it on for a short period of time and enjoy the fresh air.
- If the space is large and huge concentrations of ozone are needed, then it mustn’t be occupied. Set the timer to a time when the ozone concentration will be enough. And set the concentration of ozone to be produced per hour. Then leave the room and don’t forget to take your pets with you. Come back in 1-2 hours after the generator stops working.
What Makes A Workplace Toxic and Symptoms Of Toxic Exposure
Ozone generators are usually used for removal of odors and fresh air. But in some cases, it is necessary to save health. Some spaces can contain a high level of toxins.
Toxins can enter a building in a number of ways:
- The structure was built with toxic chemicals
- The hair dyes used by stylists in hairdressers or polish in nail salons can contain harmful chemicals
- Chemicals used to process film in photo development laboratories
- Paint, finishes, and adhesives can contain dangerous volatile organic compounds
Symptoms of toxic exposure:
- Muscle spasms and cramps
- Diarrhea and
- A change in mood
- Irritation of the throat, nose, and eyes.
If you know that you or your workers stay in spaces with things that contain chemicals or you suspect that your house’s construction contains them – ozone generator is a necessary home appliance for you.
Benefits Of Ozone
- Makes indoor environments safer
- Removes odors and allergens.
- Ozone has been used as a cancer treatment
- Fresh air is the basis for youth and vitality
Ozone Generators Dangers
Ozone is a safe component in high atmospheres but it can be dangerous when in low atmospheres:
- Coming into contact with water it becomes hydrogen peroxide. The same happens when it contact with the liquid in our eyes, noses, and lungs.
- When ozone level in the air increases there is an increase in asthma attacks and cardiovascular complications.
- You can cough, sneeze, and feel pain in the chest if you breathe in ozone for a long period of time.
- High exposure to the ozone can develop sensitivities to molds, pollen, and other triggers to allergies.
- High levels of ozone can cause respiratory and reduced immunity
- The ozone can cause irritation to the lungs because it can react with other chemicals and create dangerous toxins.
Different people have different levels of susceptibility when exposed to ozone. But it’s better to be careful and leave the room while ozone is generating.
Ozone Generator Safety
Before purchasing an ozone generator, you should understand all the risks. When ozone comes into contact with people and pets it is not safe. It is also harmful to plants because it may don’t let them open their pores and breathe. It is highly not recommended to stay in the room where an ozone generator is working.
But if you can’t avoid it, there are safety measures for a running generator in the space that is occupied:
- Keep the generators running on low settings
- Ensure that the windows are opened and the space is well ventilated
- The ozone concentration levels should be low – keep to the safety levels by the EPA
When space is large and you need more ozone the room must be absolutely empty. Set the timer the way the generator starts working after everyone left the room. It should also be set to stop working about 1-2 hours before somebody gets back. The room must be closed.
Ozone generators are perfect for removal stubborn odors but only when they are used by the person who understands how to use them. It’s very important to choose not the most powerful one but a generator that suits your needs. To our opinion, the best one is the OP5000. This is a compact, powerful and durable model. We hope that our ozone generator reviews helped you to choose the right one.