Our bodies absorb everything we put inside them so you must be sure you’re not ingesting toxic chemicals.
You’ve made a choice to buy and eat only healthy and organic food, but have you ever paid attention to the cookware you’re putting it in? The quality of your pots and pans is also highly important to keep your health safe. Choose non-toxic green items when it comes to nonstick cookware.
Many nonstick cookware brands use poly- and perfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS). If heated, they release perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) that is a carcinogenic chemical. Many of them also include dangerous heavy metals that can penetrate into your food while cooking.
Best Non Toxic Cookware 2019
- GreenLife Soft Grip 16pc Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Vremi 8 Piece Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
- T-fal 2100088763 14 Piece Dishwasher Safe PFOA PTFE & Cadmium Free Nonstick Ceramic Cookware Set
- Cuisinart 54C-11BK Advantage Ceramica XT Cookware Set
- GreenPan CC000675-001 Valencia Pro Hard Anodized 100% Toxin-Free Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Metal Utensil Dishwasher/Oven Safe Cookware Set
Best Non Toxic Cookware 2019 Comparison
|GreenLife Soft Grip|
|16||Thermolon ceramic||Black, turquoise, and burgundy|
|Vremi Nonstick Cookware Set|
|8||Ceramic||Blue, green, or yellow|
GreenLife Soft Grip 16pc Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set – Best Non Toxic Cookware
GreenLife nonstick cookware is coated with Thermolon, that is more durable and safer to cook at high heat than Teflon and of course, safer to clean with mild abrasives like baking soda.
The GreenLife Soft Grip is one of the most popular non-toxic sets at Amazon, especially the turquoise pans add cool colors to make your kitchen brighter. This best non toxic non stick cookware has a stylish and user-friendly design. Its body is reinforced with aluminum and soft grip handles are very comfortable.
The coating is ceramic and super easy to clean up.
The Thermolon ceramic coating doesn’t contain PFAS, PFOA, PTFE, cadmium, lead and absolutely toxin free. Its exterior is good for cooking on stovetops, electric stovetops and gas ranges (but it’s better not to use high flame settings). Don’t use it for induction cooking as it needs special magnetic type cookware.
The thick aluminum base provides fast and even heat distribution and requires less energy for cooking.
Even though the set is dishwasher safe, hand washing is highly recommended. A dishwasher can lead to chips and wear of non-stick surfaces because of knocks and harsh detergents. Store it without stacking or use special protectors for a longer lifetime.
Utensils must be made of silicone, nylon, or wooden only. As long as you take care of them according to the manufacturer’s instructions, the set will last.
- 7” open frypan
- 4” mini frypan
- 9.5” open frypan
- 2QT covered saucepan
- 1QT covered saucepan
- 5QT covered stockpot
- 7” stainless steel steamer
- 2.5QT covered sauté pan
- 4 kitchen utensils
- Free of PFOA, PFTE, PFAS, cadmium, and lead
- Thermolon ceramic coating
- Comes in black, turquoise, and burgundy colors
- Low oil cooking
- Comfortable handles
- Item Dimensions – 13 x 10.2 x 21 in
- Material Type – Aluminum
- Number of Pieces – 16
- Item Weight – 14.72 pounds
- Pots sizes – (1) L 9″ H 5″ (2) L 7.5″ H 3.5″ (3) L 6.5″ H 3″
- Pans sizes – (1) L 9.5″ H 2.5″ (2) L 9.75″ H 1.75″ (3) L 7.5″ H 1.75″
The GreenLife Soft Grip is best non toxic ceramic cookware that is economically priced and perfectly suits family dinners and entertaining. It is a good starter set if you want a nonstick set that is easy to clean up.
Vremi 8 Piece Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set – Best Non Toxic Cookware Set by Vremi
The Vremi is one of the best non toxic cookware brands that is based in New York City, USA. The best specific feature of the Vremi 8 Piece Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set is that it can be used on most stovetops including an induction stovetop.
The burner diameter must not exceed the diameter of the cookware base for correct triggering of the sensor. The cookware is made of die-cast aluminum that provides even and quick heating up.
Each lid has a small gap between the lid and the body of the pot to avoid pressure build up. The wood-tone handles are made of Bakelite and the exterior surface is heat-resistant enamel. The interior surface is ceramic and easy to clean.
The pots may be used both for cooking and serving, with 2 handles for easier use and the stylish design in bright colors.
The set is dishwasher safe but pay attention to the fact that the handles are wooden. If you put them in a dishwasher and saturate them with water heat them up while drying they will crack.
The set includes:
- 2 dutch oven pots (4.7 liters / 4.97 quarts and 2.7 liters / 2.85 quarts)
- 1 casserole pot (3.7 liters / 3.9 quarts)
- 2 ceramic coated frying pans with curved sides (1.6 liters / 1.69 quarts and 1.2 liters / 1.27 quarts)
- Comes in blue, green, or yellow colors
- PFOA, lead and PTFE free
- Heat resistant enamel exterior
- Die-cast aluminum construction
- Bakelite handles with wood-look accents
- Designed in the USA
- Finish Types – Non-stick
- Item Dimensions – 23.6 x 7.87 x 15 in
- Material Type – Aluminum
- Number of Pieces – 8
- Large Dutch Oven with Lid, Diameter: 9.75 in / 24.7 cm
- Small Dutch Oven with Lid, Diameter: 8.1 in / 20.5 cm
- Shallow Casserole with Lid, Diameter: 10.5 in / 26.7 cm
- Large Angled Frying Pan, Diameter: 10.1 in / 25.6 cm
- Medium Angled Frying Pan, Diameter: 9.4 in / 24 cm
- Item Weight – 18.65 pounds
T-fal 2100088763 14 Piece Dishwasher Safe Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set – Best Nonstick Cookware, Non Toxic Set by T-fal
The T-fal 2100088763 set is PTFE, PFOA, and cadmium free. Unlike the previous models, this one resists heating up to 570° Fahrenheit. This cookware set made of ceramic and it is eco-friendly, recyclable, durable, and is able to resist high temperatures.
Unlike Teflon, ceramic cookware doesn’t release poisonous fumes if you get it too hot. Follow the instructions of how to take care of this set and it will be great for a long time! Do not use metal cookware with it.
The cookware set contains:
- 11″ fry pan with lid
- 7.5″ fry pan
- 1-qt sauce pan with a lid
- 2-qt sauce pan with a lid
- 1 egg wonder
- 5-qt dutch oven with a cover
- 4 nylon utensils
- Nonstick Ceramic Coating
- PTFE PFOA and Cadmium Free
- Color – Gold
- Item Weight – 12.1 pounds
- Finish Types – Non-stick
- Item Dimensions – 22 x 13.9 x 9.2 in
- Material Type – Aluminum
Cuisinart 54C-11BK Advantage Ceramica XT Cookware Set – Best Non Toxic Pans
Unlike many other nonstick cookware brands, Cuisinart’s Green Gourmet line uses a ceramic-based nonstick surface called Ceramica.
The Cuisinart 54C-11BK is a ceramic cookware set that is durably built and affordable at the same time. The 11-piece set is well designed and will give your kitchen a better look. The aluminum core provides even heat distribution removing hot spots.
Titanium reinforced ceramic nonstick interior eases cooking and cleaning. The set is free of PFOS, lead, PTFE, and PFOA which are dangerous for human health. The lids made of tempered glass prevent heat, flavor and water loss and allow checking food. Silicone handles are riveted are strong and durable and stay cool on the kitchen stove.
With the Cuisinart 54C-11BK you can saute, simmer, fry, braise or boil on electric, gas, glass ceramic, and halogen stovetops. Rims are designed tapered for easier pouring.
- 2.5qt Saucepan with a lid
- a 1.5qt Saucepan with a lid
- 3qt Sauté Pan with a lid
- 10″ Skillet
- 8″ Skillet
- 6qt Stockpot with a lid
- 18cm Steamer Insert
- Lifetime warranty
- Product Dimensions – 11 x 24.1 x 14 inches
- Item Weight – 17.9 pounds
- A flat bottom with grooved circles
GreenPan CC000675-001 Valencia Pro Hard Anodized Cookware Set – Best Non Toxic Skillets
GreenPan is a Belgian brand that produces nonstick and non-toxic cookware coated with Thermolon – a ceramic nonstick layer derived from sand.
The GreenPan CC000675-001 Valencia Pro Hard Anodized Cookware Set has a durable hard-anodized aluminum body providing even heating. The cookware is dishwasher safe with a nonstick surface for easier cooking and cleanup.
The base is compatible with induction cooktop thanks to Magneto technology feature (ferromagnetic particles are reinforced with copper) that guarantees base stability and ensures the cookware will never warp or scratch even after a long time of use.
As a result, you get perfectly even cooking, searing, browning and sauteing with no loss of heat or electricity. Thermolon™ Minerals ceramic nonstick interior coating is metal-safe and 100% toxin-free at any temperature. Handles are double-riveted and made of stainless steel.
The manufacturer recommends using only nylon or wooden utensils.
11-piece set includes:
- 8″ open fry pan
- 11″ open fry pan
- 9.5″ open fry pan
- 1.65 qt. saucepan with lid
- 3.26 qt. sauté pan with lid
- 3 qt. saucepan with lid
- 5.5 qt. casserole with lid
- Metal-utensil-safe coating
- Grey color
- Oven safe up to 600 degrees F
- Material – aluminum, stainless steel, and tempered glass
- Thermolon Minerals Pro ceramic nonstick
- Drip-free pouring rim
- Item Dimensions – 20.35 x 4.21 x 12.05 in
- Item Weight – 10.65 pounds
Best Non Toxic Cookware – Buyer’s Guide
There are a few important points to think about before purchasing cookware and the main is material.
When buying pans and pots, choose only those that are made from safe, non-toxic materials:
- carbon steel
- lava rock
- ceramic – ceramic coated cookware is non-stick and safer than Teflon
- porcelain enamel
- tempered glass – make sure you use glass without any coating or decorations hiding toxic chemicals
Cast iron and stainless steel are also alright, but they also can release heavy metals – iron and nickel into your food. Using even the best non toxic stainless steel cookware is not a good idea when it comes to long-simmering recipes or dishes that contain a lot of acid, like tomato-based foods.
This combination creates a bad off-flavor with nickel and chromium leaching. The downside of stainless steel is that food can stick to it and requiers a lot of oil.
Iron is an essential mineral that we need so if you’re iron deficient is a good idea to cook in cast iron pans, but if you’re not, then cook with them only a few times a month as too much iron is also in a body is also a problem.
Avoid 3 materials:
- Our grandparents often cooked with aluminum cookware. But elevated aluminum level causes central nervous system issues such as ALS, Alzheimer’s, and autism spectrum disorders. This heavy metal leaches when heated and it gets absorbed into your food.
- Teflon is used in most nonstick pans as it made cooking and cleaning much easier. But polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) coating turns into toxic Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) at high heat, so it is dangerous both for the cook and for diners.
- Copper cookware with nickel coating releases these both toxic heavy metals into your food. Copper may be harmful to mental health.
Toxins in usual cookware are linked to all kinds of health problems, from asthma to cancer, obesity, and hormonal issues. If you have Teflon cookware throw it out immediately, especially if it has scratches and replace them for ceramic cookware.
Use only best non toxic pots and pans mentioned above or share your own experience in comments.
I’m a healthy living blogger who loves to help people who care about having an eco-friendly home environment and a healthy lifestyle. With proper nutrition I helped my brother to cure gastritis and my father to normalize his blood pressure.