Cleaning has always been a tiring and fussy job. Especially for a restaurant, or hotel owners, it is very important to keep your business clean. Commercial vacuums sit in a class by themselves. They differ from what people use in their homes. The problem is, there are many features to know if you want the best commercial vacuum for your needs.
If you are looking for a vacuum cleaner for the first time, check the detailed buying guide below. I’ve searched through the market to show you the best commercial vacuum 2020 list. Here it is!
Best Commercial Vacuum 2020 Comparison
|Model||Type||Best for||Key Feature|
|Oreck Commercial U2000RB-1 (Editor’s Choice)||Upright||Wood, carpet, laminate, and tile||A long-lasting Endurolife®belt||Check Price|
|SharkNinja Canister Vacuum NV70 (Editor’s Choice)||Upright||People having respiratory tract issues||HEPA filtration and Anti-Allergen Complete Seal technology||Check Price|
|Sanitaire SC679J Commercial Vacuum Cleaner||Upright||Tight places||Lightweight||Check Price|
|Oreck XL Commercial Vacuum Cleaner, XL2100RHS||Upright||Pet hair and dirt||The Side Edge Brushes||Check Price|
|Commercial Vacuum Cleaner by Sanitaire||Upright||Vacuuming the whole house||Great suction power||Check Price|
|Oreck Commercial Vacuum U2000R1||Upright||Pet hair||Helping Hand Handle||Check Price|
|Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Pro 5||Canister||Vacuuming both in a car and a house||A great variety of attachments||Check Price|
Best Commercial Vacuum 2020
- Oreck Commercial U2000RB-1 Commercial 8 Pound Upright Vacuum with EnduroLife with 6 Oreck Bags
- SharkNinja Canister Upright Vacuum NV70
- Sanitaire SC679J Commercial Shake Out Bag Upright Vacuum Cleaner with 5 Amp Motor
- Oreck XL Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner, XL2100RHS
- Commercial Vacuum Cleaner by Sanitaire
- Oreck Commercial Upright Vacuum with 40ft Power Cord, U2000R1
- Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Pro 5 Super Compact Canister Vacuum
Oreck Commercial U2000RB-1 Commercial 8 Pound Upright Vacuum with EnduroLife with 6 Oreck Bags – Best Commercial Vacuum
The Oreck Commercial Upright U2000RB-1 Vacuum is a commercial grade vacuum. Its upright design makes it easier to get up to cabinets and baseboards, fits under most furniture, chairs, clothes racks and desks easily. This best commercial vacuum cleaner can be used on any surface including wood, carpet, laminate, and tile without manual adjustment.
Its cord is connected to the pigtail cord with a cord clamp, so you can replace a spoiled cord without any problems like expensive repairs. The cord is long so you don’t have to move it around the house. Special top-fill design allows keeping maximum power even if the bag is full.
You can use the standard back for all Oreck upright vacuums but don’t use them for the second time. The bags are cheap and much more convenient than a canister and it will take about a month or more to fill 1 unit. You can go twice as faster than with a usual vacuum cleaner.
The best commercial upright vacuum cleans carpet to hardwood to tile without adjustments changing. It comes with a 12-inch cleaning path and a cogged up V-belt.
- Weight – 9 pounds
- A long-lasting Endurolife®belt
- A 1-year commercial warranty
- A 5-year warranty on the belt
- Disposable 630 cubic inch “top fill” bag
- The 40-foot power cord
- Fingertip-controlled on/off switch
- Speed – 5,000 – 6,500 RPMs
- Easy-use carry handle
- Multi-Floor Cleaning with Microsweep technology
- High Speed Roller Brush and Side Edge Brushes
- Item Dimensions – 13 x 6 x 35 in
- Vacuum type – upright, bagged
The Oreck Commercial Upright U2000RB-1 Vacuum is one of the best rated commercial vacuum cleaners and a great choice for anyone who is tired of throwaway junk.
SharkNinja Canister Upright Vacuum NV70 – Best Commercial HEPA Vacuum
Reading best commercial vacuum cleaner reviews there is a big chance to run across the Shark brand.
The NV70 is available in gold and silver colors and equipped with Swivel Steering technology and soft rubber wheels to move around obstacles smoothly.
The Shark NV70 is an excellent performer with good air filtration and large dirt bin capacity. The Never Loses Suction technology keeps the suction power is consistent from beginning to the end.
HEPA filtration and Anti-Allergen Complete Seal technology catch up to 99.9% of the tiniest particles and allergens.
The Upholstery tool picks up everything on your clothes like a coat or black dress pants.
The hose is longer to accommodate tools with one wand. It is about 6 feet long. The suction power is very strong but don’t worry about cleaning small carpets, you can adjust the power and vacuum without it being eaten up.
- Weight –16 pounds
- A 25 feet long power cord
- Height and Weight – 11.4″ L x 12.2″ W x 45″ H
- Dust Cup Capacity – 2,9 quarts
- Wattage – 1200
- The vacuum head – 11-1/2″ wide
The SharkNinja Canister Upright Vacuum NV70 is ideal for those having respiratory tract issues.
Sanitaire SC679J Commercial Shake Out Bag Upright Vacuum Cleaner – Best Lightweight Commercial Vacuum
This is one of the most lightweight commercial vacuum cleaners on this top and on today’s market.
The Sanitaire SC679J Vacuum Cleaner has some features for easy cleaning and maneuverability:
- A reusable 18 dry qt. bag for you could use it again after washing saves some bucks for you
- The long hose reaches edge corners of the room to clean it properly
- 5 amp motor provides 120 cubic feet per minute of airflow
This best commercial canister vacuum can clean your space with powerful suction for deep cleaning for regular purposes. It is able to clean multiple floor-types like a hardwood floor, linoleum, tiles, carpets, and concrete. Moreover, it can suck the sawdust from furniture, cobwebs, and clean cars, upholstery, and window seals.
It also works great even on ceilings, drapes, walls and mini blinds. The Sanitaire SC679J Vacuum Cleaner is flat enough to vacuum under tight, high, or low places.
- 30 feet long cord
- 5 amp motor
- Weight – 12 lb.
- Product Dimensions – 21.3 x 17.4 x 9.1 inches
- Automatic locking system with a foot pedal
- 6 Belts included
- Vacuum type – bagged
If you want a good commercial vacuum for large-scale use at an affordable price, the Sanitaire SC679J Vacuum Cleaner is a better solution for you. This machine is ideal when it comes to vacuuming tight places.
Oreck XL Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner, XL2100RHS – Best Commercial Vacuum for Hotels
The Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS is a modern vacuum cleaner. It is designed to give a great performance at home it is also one of the best commercial hotel vacuums. The main pros of this best vacuum for commercial carpet is its weight (8.2 pounds). Its hand-hold is equipped with the buttons, you need to push while cleaning.
A quick roller brush cleans all sort of dirt from carpets, eliminating dirt that is hidden deep into it. The Side Edge Brushes are created to get to ane corners and edges. The vacuum cleaner can be bent 90 degrees for you could push it under furniture.
The bag inside is disposable can last for 5-10 cleaning sessions. You can also buy Celoc Hypo-Allergenic Filtering Systems Genuine Celoc Filter Bags if you wish. The automatic floor adjustment allows moving between carpets and floors without changing settings manually.
This powerful tool does nicely with picking up the loose pet hair and dirt.
- 35 feet long power cord
- 12” cleaning path
- Low Profile Design
- Side Edge Brushes
- High Speed Roller Brush
- Non-marring bumps for walls protection
- Speed – 6,500 RPM
- Measures – 6 x 13 x 35 inches
- Weight – 8.2 pounds
- Color – Blue
- A 630 cubic inch “top fill” bag
- A 1-year commercial warranty
- A 1-year warranty on the belt
- Vacuum type – upright, bagged
The Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS is one of the best commercial grade vacuum cleaners for those who want to clean their space faster and easier.
Commercial Vacuum Cleaner by Sanitaire – Best Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner by Sanitaire
The Commercial Vacuum Cleaner is a great machine with the suction power that is enough for comfort cleaning and even getting tiny rocks from a carpet. It is designed to be used with Eureka or Sanitaire F&G disposable bags.
With its manually adjustable head, you can easily vacuum different types of carpets so they will stand up like they do when they are new. The cord length allows vacuuming the whole house without moving it.
After vacuuming small particles, wipe the belt off with a wet paper towel and try to the keep belt-contact surfaces clean. Don’t pick up stuff like coins or rocks as they may spoil the fan.
- Capacity – 10 gallons
- Color – red
- Extension Length – 10 feet
- Height – 8.5 feet
- Item Weight – 19.9 pounds
- Length – 20.5 feet
- Width – 16 feet
- The cord – 50 feet long
- 3-prong plug
- The hood material – metal
- Wattage – 840 watts
This Commercial Vacuum Cleaner by Sanitaire is for those looking for a great vacuum with a lot of power.
Oreck Commercial Upright Vacuum with 40ft Power Cord, U2000R1 – Best Commercial Vacuum for Pet Hair
The Oreck U2000R1 Commercial Upright Vacuum is the combination of simple design and powerful engine created with lots of hours of use in mind. The U2000R-1 Upright features its pigtail cord for easier changing of a damaged cord.
The convenient grip of the hand handle doesn’t make problems if you have Arthritis or try to prevent it. It is also easy to operate – turn the machine on and off with a button at your fingertips on the handle. The powerful suction, cleaning performance and auto adjusting brush roll will work well both on bare floors, hardwood, and any carpet.
It comes with an auto floor management system and the transition between carpets and the floor is also consistent and smooth.
- A 40 feet cord
- 12-inch cleaning path
- 2.7-gallon bag
- Disposable Top Fill Bag
- Side Edge Brushes
- Color – Gray, Red
- Low Profile Design
- Non-marring Bumper
- Speed – 6,500 RPM
- Helping Hand Handle
- Weight – 8 pounds
- Height 36 inches
- Length 14 inches
- Voltage – 120 volts
- Uses throw away bags
The Oreck U2000R1 Commercial Upright Vacuum is very good for a cleaning business or commercial cleaning.
Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Pro 5 Super Compact Canister Vacuum – Best Commercial Handheld Vacuum
The Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Pro 5 is a good commercial vacuum cleaner with a variety of attachments. The wand is for cleaning between items and the wall and the narrow nozzles for those crevices. A long cord means you don’t have to look for an outlet while vacuuming rooms or even the vehicle outside.
This best rated commercial vacuum uses vacuum bags to hold the dust. If you see that the suction power is low, that means the bag is full. Change them from time to time. The 4-amp, 2-stage bypass motor is powerful and has a great vacuuming performance than 1-stage engines.
The versatile machine with a set of tools is able to clean stairs, ceiling fans, furniture, molding, bookshelves, light fixtures, curtains, and more. The round brush is great for getting the window sills, tops of baseboards and inside of cabinets without leaving damages. Wear the vacuum over the shoulder and your hands won’t get tired.
This vacuum picks up all pets hair if you take them for rides in your car. The unit doesn’t come with bags, you should buy them separately. The bags are very cheap, under 40 cents each and as a rule, one is enough for a month.
- Weight – 11 pounds
- 30′ power cord
- Adjustable extension wand
- Measures – 8 x 6 x 15 inches
- Weight – 5 pounds
- 1-quart capacity
- Made in the U.S.A
- 1 Year Commercial Warranty
- Additional Features – 2 stage bypass motor
The Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Pro 5 is a good combination of power and size. It is for you if you are looking for the best versatile handheld vacuum for your car or home.
Commercial or Household Vacuums?
Vacuums working very well at home are often not so good in a commercial setting. Their capacity is not enough to vacuum spaces larger than 2 rooms. Moreover, the household vacuums are not designed to last for years of constant use.
They are much heavier and more powerful than vacuum cleaners for home.
What is the best commercial vacuum cleaner – main advantages:
- Good cleaning and better performance
- Durability and longevity
- Adaptability in usage
The Best Commercial Vacuum Cleaner – Buyer’s Guide
What you should do to get the best device:
- Check out commercial vacuum ratings, reviews and the major sites with commercial vacuum comparison.
- Weighing your options. Check out all the possible options that are available and compare them.
- Ask your friends for their opinions. Other opinions are always a good source for creating your own ones.
- Make sure every cent you spend is not wasted. The product you are buying meets your demands.
Here are key features you need to know to make the right choice of top commercial vacuum cleaners:
- Cleaner type.
- Upright models are the most durable vacuums on the market. As a rule, they are maneuverable and heavy. The best industrial upright vacuum cleaner features its large capacity and ease of use. They are also cheaper than handheld models and their construction reduces the chance of tripping over. Unfortunately, upright models have a lesser option for tools.
- Backpack cleaners are maneuverable, portable and lightweight but their main downside is small capacity.
- Canister (handheld) models have the smallest capacity but at the same time, they are the most maneuverable and lightweight. Its hose is flexible and gives a better range of motion and versatility but they tend to have smaller wheels.
- Bagged or bagless? There 2 dust storage ways – collecting the dust and dirt in a bag or a detachable canister. Bagged vacuums have larger capacities and they are more powerful than bagless ones as they are sealed up better. Vacuums with bags minimize the allergy and asthma risks since they are more hygienic compared to bagless but you will have to buy replacement bags. Bagless type is supposed to be eco-friendly, you don’t have to buy and throw bags away but the maintenance is dirty because you clean it manually.
- Capacity. Upright, bagged vacuums usually hold more dust and dirt before it will need to be replaced or emptied. Canister vacuums have a smaller capacity. If you need to clean large spaces, choose upright and bagged vacuums.
- Filtration. HEPA filters guarantee clean and safe air but make sure that you use certified ones. Cheaper filters are often useless as the dust finds the way out of the cleaner. If you don’t want to buy a replacement, select washable models.
- Brushes and accessories give you an opportunity now only clean carpets, but also molding, furniture, window sills, and many more. Handheld vacuums have more tools than many upright cleaners.
- Cord length. A longer cord saves your time – you don’t have to waste it plugging and unplugging your machine from wall outlets
- Weight is very important if you need to move it up and down steps or change locations very often. The lighter vacuum will not exhaust you while cleaning and the work will go much faster. But the lighter a vacuum – the smaller capacity.
- Ease of use. If you need to clean linoleum, then deep carpets and hardwood in one set pay attention to the automatic floor adjustment feature. The filter and bag should also be easy to clean out.
- Warranty. A good warranty protects you if getting a defective model.
- Purpose and debris you meet. You need to have a clear idea regarding the purpose of the device and know the amount and kind of debris that you want to clean up. It is important in order to choose the right power level.
Now you know everything that you need to determine what is the best commercial vacuum exactly for you. Check out the best commercial vacuum reviews above and make the right choice. In my opinion, the Oreck Commercial U2000RB-1 is the best commercial machine available on the market today.
It is easy to use and moreover, has great suction power and one of the biggest capacities among top rated commercial vacuum cleaners. I hope this article has helped you make the right choice.