Car air purifiers use modern technologies to make it cleaner by removing allergens and odors. A vehicle is a confined space, so it’s important to remove dangerous toxins from the air as quickly as possible. These devices remove asthma triggers like dust particles and cigarette smoke.
Some filters are designed to remove the harmful gases one encounters on congested highways and busy city roads. Another toxin that air purifiers work to eliminate is mold.
If you landed on this page, then you’re undoubtedly trying to find the answer to the question: what is the best car air purifier? I did in-depth research and created the best car air purifier 2019 review below. The purifiers discussed here are designed with the unique environment of a vehicle in mind.
Best Car Air Purifier 2019
Here is our top-5 of the best car air purifiers:
- Philips GPC20GPX1
- VEVA 8000 Elite Pro Series Air Purifier
- FitAir Portable Air Purifier With True HEPA Filter
- AUTOWIT Fresh Multi-Purpose Air Purifier with True HEPA
- NWK Portable Cordless Ozone Generator Car Air Freshener Odor Eliminator & Sterilizer
Best Car Air Purifier 2019 Comparison
|Model||Filter Tech||Application area||Warranty||Product Dimensions|
|Pre Filter + HEPA Filter + HESA Filter||10 cubic meters for an hour||12 months||6.9 x 6.9 x 2.9 inches|
|VEVA 8000 Elite Pro Series Air Purifier|
|true HEPA filter, 4 Activated Carbon pre-filters||325 sq ft||***||9 x 8 x 23 inches|
|LeadYoung Air Purifier||Primary Filter + HEPA Filter + Activated Carbon + Ionizer||< 60 sq.ft||2 years||2.6 x 2.6 x 7 inches|
|Wynd Personal Air Purifier||Wynd Medical Grade Filter||100 sq ft||***||9.5 x 8.7 x 4.4 inches|
|Mediasonic ProBox Portable Car Air Purifier||Ionizer +Nano silver filter + HEPA filter+ Carbon filter||35 cubic meters per 1 hour||1 year||2.9 x 2.9 x 7.9 inches|
Philips GPC20GPX1 GoPure Compact 200 Car Air Purifier – Best Air Purifier for Car
This is one of the best car air purifiers to have inside the car for people spending a lot of time inside the vehicle and driving every day. Its unique HESA technology removes up to 99% of chemical particles and toxic gases from interior plastics parts and car’s upholstery.
The Philips GPC20GPX1 Car Air Purifier removes nicotine smell 3x better than usual ionizers.
The best car ionic air purifier is small, compact and comes with an air-particles sensor that determines air quality: perfect (blue), fair (yellow), and bad (red).
This GP model has an automatic switch-on when you start the car, 2 speeds to control filtration process and a filter LED showing that filter needs to be replaced. All these factors make it perfect and easy to use in any car.
Don’t forget to change the filter within 8-12 months according to the situation.
- 3-In-1 Filtration System (Pre Filter + HEPA Filter + HESA Filter) eliminates 99% of PM2.5 particles like allergens, dust particles, flower pollen, cigarette and fire smoke, unpleasant smells, pet hair, formaldehyde, and TVOC.
- Power – 3 Watts
- Noise level – 40 (Low)-50 (High) dB
- Air particle sensor
- Automatic On/Off
- Voltage – 12 Volts
- Filter replacement indicator
- Frequency – 50 Hz
- Filter Lifetime – 350 hours
- CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate): 10m3/h
- Dimension – 6.9 x 6.9 x 2.9 in
- Power cable length – 4 meters
- 2 speeds
- Weight – 2.6 pounds
VEVA 8000 Elite Pro Series Air Purifier – Best Air Purifier for Car Pollution
This device comes with a true HEPA filter catching the maximum number of allergens. 4 Activated Carbon pre-filters will catch 99.97% of all dust in the air, hair from pets, bacteria. The best HEPA air purifier for a car can capture things down to as low as 0.3 microns and it also removes PM 2.5 particles.
The Activated Carbon also catches those smells and eliminates the molecules in the air that cause bad odors like smelling cooked food, pets, or even second-hand smoke.
The VEVA 8000 Elite Pro comes with three fan speed changing from ultra quiet to turbo. The fan is ultra quiet and won’t disturb a driver.
The filters only needing changed once a year.
- 3 Stage Air Speed;
- Product Dimensions – 9 x 8 x 23 inches;
- Item Weight – 6.72 pounds;
- Remote Control.
LeadYoung Air Purifier True Hepa Filter with Gesture Control – Best Car Air Purifier for Smoke
The LeadYoung personal air purifier is a compact device and a portable system which you can use wherever you want.
The unit is perfect for those suffering from nasal stuffiness, allergies, cough, asthma, sneezing.
Its 3-staged filtration system (Primary Filter + HEPA Filter + Activated Carbon) eliminates 99.9% of dust, allergens, pollen, bad smells, tobacco and fire smoke, pet hair and dander, mold, formaldehyde, and TVOC.
One of the main features is the opportunity to control the device using gesture control to adjust speeds and turn the device on/off.
So the LeadYoung constantly cleans 60 square feet of the space around you, making the air in the car is safe and healthy.
The device looks very stylish in any car with its futuristic design and the blue LED effect.
The real time display shows the quality of the air around, its temperature and humidity.
- Dimension – 2.6 x 2.6 x 7 inches
- Weight –11.2 ounces
- Voltage – 5V
- Purification Efficiency – 99.9%
- Warranty – 2 years
The LeadYoung eliminates the smell of a new car or irritating odors, gesture control makes it safe to use for drivers. Its filters make the unit perfect for smokers in the car and remove the smell of cigarettes fast and easily.
Wynd Personal Air Purifier – Best Portable Car Air Purifier
The Wynd Personal Air Purifier combines large size filter element and numerous air holes and ensures fresh, long-term and efficient air purification.
The air purifier combines:
- Higher portability – its light weight and design allow to take it anywhere you want.
- The Wynd app controls the purifier from far distances and determines the local air quality
- The impressive purification rate to its size with 8-hours battery life and a filter lasting up to 3 months.
Wynd personal car air purifier is designed to trap particles like pet dander, mold, pollen, bacteria, industrial pollution particulates, and everything bigger than 0.3 microns.
The device and app calculate the exact filter life based on air quality, and you can count the remaining filter lifetime from the Wynd app.
The average lifetime is about 3 months. Don’t forget to replace the filter to maintain the purifier’s performance.
- Medical Grade Filter
- Mobile app
- Product Dimensions – 9.5 x 8.7 x 4.4 inches
- auto-detection of air quality
- weight – 14.1 ounces
Mediasonic ProBox Portable Car Air Purifier – The Best Car Air Purifier-Ionizer
This best air purifier for car exhaust differs from others as it uses the other technology – a nano-silver filter that traps hairs, dust, and scraps.
It also removes formaldehyde, smoke, allergens, pollens, PM2.5, and smells within an indoor environment
The air quality sensor controls airflow automatically and green, yellow, or red light shows current air quality.
It can deodorize any unpleasant smell from a car (new or second-hand, kill harmful gases and refresh the air and inhibits the growth of mildew.
The design allows adding aroma pads for you to feel your favorite scent. The Mediasonic ProBox air purifier can operate quietly by setting the flow to gentle mode.
- Product Size – 2.9 x 2.9 x 7.9 inches
- Clean Air Delivery Rate – 35m3/hour
- Low Noise – 35dB
- Motor Power – 8000RPM
- Power Port – Micro USB
- Material – Aluminum, Leather, ABS Plastic
Best Car Air Purifier – Buyer’s Guide
When looking for the best car air purifier, you want a device that is easy to operate.
The easiest-to-use car air purifiers have special features:
- They are designed for mobile use – small and portable, so they can be placed on a dashboard, attach to a visor, or strap onto the rear of a seat head. Some even fit into a car’s cupholder, eliminating the need for mounting hardware.
- Some models are USB rechargeable. They have additional USB ports built into them, so a driver can plug them into their cigarette lighter and conveniently charge the device while driving.
- They have power cords that plug directly into car’s 12V adapter.
- A dependable mounting system is also an important consideration.
How Do They Work?
Most car air purifiers use small fans that circulate the air through a filter that can retain small particles. Some air purifiers can also act as ionizers. This charge negative oxygen ions to levels that are found out in the wilderness.
There are many different models and many of them have different functions. Some car air purifiers are better than others, they have more functions such as air ionizer, extra filters, and better performance.
Things To Keep In Mind
- Don’t forget that small car air purifiers can work well but they are nowhere near the performance of purifiers that are made to be used at home.
- Car air purifiers can remove the smell of smoke, pet odors or small particles and dust in the air.
- Models differ and their performance usually varies a bit. The cheaper models work well but for better performance, it is better to spend a bit extra.
- Many devices have an air ionizer function.
- In terms of pricing, they can vary a lot. To get the best car air purifier, make a list of the models that do not exceed the budget and compare them.
- Even advanced filters can get clogged after a long period of handling a car full of dust. Having an easily replaceable filter is important to maintaining clean air, but many models don’t have filters that are readily available.
- Do not expose to sunlight or place close to a source of heat.
- Never attempt to repair or disassemble the air purifier or its parts.
- Do not touch with wet hands or cloth when the air purifier is working.
I’m a healthy living blogger who loves to help people who care about having an eco-friendly home environment and a healthy lifestyle. With proper nutrition I helped my brother to cure gastritis and my father to normalize his blood pressure.