Car air purifiers use modern technologies to make it cleaner by removing allergens and odors. A vehicle is a confined space, so it’s important to remove dangerous toxins from the air as quickly as possible. These devices remove asthma triggers like dust particles and cigarette smoke.
Some filters are designed to remove the harmful gases one encounters on congested highways and busy city roads. Another toxin that air purifiers work to eliminate is mold.
If you landed on this page, then you’re undoubtedly trying to find the answer to the question: what is the best car air purifier? I did in-depth research and created the best car air purifier 2019 review below. The purifiers discussed here are designed with the unique environment of a vehicle in mind.
Best Car Air Purifier 2019
Here is our top-5 of the best car air purifiers:
- NATOL Car Air Purifier with HEPA Filter
- VEVA 8000 Elite Pro Series Air Purifier
- FitAir Portable Air Purifier With True HEPA Filter
- AUTOWIT Fresh Multi-Purpose Air Purifier with True HEPA
- NWK Portable Cordless Ozone Generator Car Air Freshener Odor Eliminator & Sterilizer
Best Car Air Purifier 2019 Comparison
|Model||Filter Tech||Application area||Warranty||Product Dimensions|
|NATOL Car Air Purifier|
|Primary Filter + HEPA Filter + Activated Carbon Filter, Ionizer||20 m3||36 months||6.4 × 2.0 in|
|VEVA 8000 Elite Pro Series Air Purifier|
|true HEPA filter, 4 Activated Carbon pre-filters||325 sq ft||***||9 x 8 x 23 inches|
|FitAir Portable Air Purifier||HEPA filter||25 square feet||1 year||2.9 x 2.9 x 2.6 inch|
|AUTOWIT Fresh Multi-Purpose Air Purifier||3 filters: high-quality charcoal, HEPA, and nano silver||space smaller than 8 cubic meters||***||3 x 3 x 8 inches|
|NWK Portable Cordless Ozone Generator||Ozone generator||175 to 350 cubic feet||1 year||9.1 x 3.2 x3.2 inches|
NATOL Car Air Purifier with HEPA Filter – Best Air Purifier for Car
This is one of the best car air purifier and ionizer to have inside the car for people spending a lot of time inside the car and driving every day. The magnet top makes it easy to access the filter and the scent card. The NATOL Car Air Purifier easily plugs into a car via USB.
The best car ionic air purifier is small, compact and comes with a mesh so you can out it anywhere flat and not worry about it sliding. The cable that comes with it is also long enough to put reach the power supply. All these factors make it perfect and easy to use in any car.
Don’t forget to change the filter within 4-6 months according to the situation.
- 3-In-1 True HEPA Filter (Primary Filter + HEPA Filter + Activated Carbon Filter) eliminates allergens, dust particles, flower pollen, cigarette and fire smoke, unpleasant smells, pet hair, formaldehyde, mold spores and TVOC.
- Built-in Powerful Ionizer releases negative ions (8,000,000/pcs CC) and provides fresh air every day, 24/7, which makes you feel like in the wild forest
- Aromatherapy allows enjoying natural flavor. You can add many kinds of spices to create the smell to your taste.
- Multilayer filter: Primary Filter + HEPA Filter + Activated Carbon Filter
- Application area: <20 m3
- Purification rate: 4.8 m/s
- CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate): 15.8m3/h
- Dimension: 6.4 × 2.0 in
VEVA 8000 Elite Pro Series Air Purifier – Best Air Purifier for Car Pollution
This device comes with a true HEPA filter catching the maximum number of allergens. 4 Activated Carbon pre-filters will catch 99.97% of all dust in the air, hair from pets, bacteria. The best HEPA air purifier for a car can capture things down to as low as 0.3 microns and it also removes PM 2.5 particles.
The Activated Carbon also catches those smells and eliminates the molecules in the air that cause bad odors like smelling cooked food, pets, or even second-hand smoke.
The VEVA 8000 Elite Pro comes with three fan speed changing from ultra quiet to turbo. The fan is ultra quiet and won’t disturb a driver.
The filters only needing changed once a year.
- 3 Stage Air Speed;
- Product Dimensions – 9 x 8 x 23 inches;
- Item Weight – 6.72 pounds;
- Remote Control.
FitAir Portable Air Purifier With True HEPA Filter – Best Car Air Purifier for Smoke
The FitAir personal air purifier is a compact device and a portable system which you can use wherever you want.
The unit has 290 ports which push through a staggering 130 liters per minute. The average adult breathing capacity is 10 to 20 liters per minute.
So the FitAir constantly cleans 25 square feet of the space around you, making the air in the car is safe and healthy. One of the main features is the opportunity to control the device using Bluetooth connectivity to your phone. The FitAir App can switch the device on and off.
- Dimension – 2.9*2.9*2.6 inch
- Weight – 5.6 oz
- Voltage – 3W
- Purification Efficiency – 97.8%
- Warranty – 1 year
FitAir car HEPA filter weighs only 5.6 ounces and can be worn on arms with the included armband or it can be placed on any surface as a standalone air purifier. Its filters make the unit perfect for smokers in the car and remove the smell of cigarettes fast and easily.
AUTOWIT Fresh Multi-Purpose Air Purifier with True HEPA – Best Car Air Purifier-Ionizer
The AUTOWIT combines large size filter element and numerous air holes and ensures Fresh a long-term and efficient air purification.
The ionic air purifier has 3 Adjustable Modes:
- Silent mode cleans the air for restful sleep.
- AUTO mode adjusts the speed automatically according to the current air quality.
- High-speed mode maximizes its speed to provides a fresh environment shortly.
You can also buy a fragrance to your taste and enjoy it as the purifier has oil aroma diffuser refill pads. For charging in a car, connect it to the car USB charger.
Auto-detection allows to find out the air quality around you:
- Red light: The air quality is below an acceptable level;
- Yellow light: The air quality is acceptable;
- Green light: The air quality is good.
Don’t forget to replace the filter every 4-6 months to maintain the purifier’s performance.
- 3 filters: high-quality charcoal, HEPA, and nano silver;
- oil aroma pads;
- Product Dimensions – 3 x 3 x 8 inches;
- color-changing lights for air quality;
- auto-detection of air quality;
- weight – 1,21 lbs.
NWK Portable Cordless Ozone Generator Car Air Freshener Odor Eliminator & Sterilizer – the Best Car Air Purifier and Ozone Generator
Thisdiffers from others as it uses the other technology – generation of ozone.
Ozone is the second most powerful oxidant in the world and can be used to destroy bacteria, viruses, and odors.
It can deodorize any unpleasant smell from a car (new or second-hand, kill harmful gases and refresh the air and inhibits the growth of mildew.
Use it only when your car isn’t occupied. There is no need to set the timer – turn it on, get out of your car, come back and ventilate the space. The NWK can it be used while plugged up to a car without damaging the battery and this makes it the best car plug-in air purifier.
- Product Size – 9.1 x 3.2 x3.2 inches;
- Recommended Using Space – 175 to 350 cubic feet;
- Work Hours – 15 minutes per circle; 6 circles before running out of battery;
- Charging Time (from empty to full) – 150 minutes for wall charger / 100 minutes for car charger;
- Ozone Output – 498mg/h;
- Indicator – Blue light on means normal operation, Red light on means charging hint.
Best Car Air Purifier – Buyer’s Guide
When looking for the best car air purifier, you want a device that is easy to operate.
The easiest-to-use car air purifiers have special features:
- They are designed for mobile use – small and portable, so they can be placed on a dashboard, attach to a visor, or strap onto the rear of a seat head. Some even fit into a car’s cupholder, eliminating the need for mounting hardware.
- Some models are USB rechargeable. They have additional USB ports built into them, so a driver can plug them into their cigarette lighter and conveniently charge the device while driving.
- They have power cords that plug directly into car’s 12V adapter.
- A dependable mounting system is also an important consideration.
How Do They Work?
Most car air purifiers use small fans that circulate the air through a filter that can retain small particles. Some air purifiers can also act as ionizers. This charge negative oxygen ions to levels that are found out in the wilderness.
There are many different models and many of them have different functions. Some car air purifiers are better than others, they have more functions such as air ionizer, extra filters, and better performance.
Things To Keep In Mind
- Don’t forget that small car air purifiers can work well but they are nowhere near the performance of purifiers that are made to be used at home.
- Car air purifiers can remove the smell of smoke, pet odors or small particles and dust in the air.
- Models differ and their performance usually varies a bit. The cheaper models work well but for better performance, it is better to spend a bit extra.
- Many devices have an air ionizer function.
- In terms of pricing, they can vary a lot. To get the best car air purifier, make a list of the models that do not exceed the budget and compare them.
- Even advanced filters can get clogged after a long period of handling a car full of dust. Having an easily replaceable filter is important to maintaining clean air, but many models don’t have filters that are readily available.
- Do not expose to sunlight or place close to a source of heat.
- Never attempt to repair or disassemble the air purifier or its parts.
- Do not touch with wet hands or cloth when the air purifier is working.
My name is Stanislav Matveev. Here, on this site I write articles about an eco-friendly and healthy lifestyle. I’ve been a raw vegan since July 2015.