Automobile air purifiers use modern technologies to make it cleaner by removing allergens and odors.
A vehicle is a confined space, so it’s important to remove dangerous toxins from the air as quickly as possible. These devices remove asthma triggers like dust particles and cigarette smoke.
Some filters are designed to remove the harmful gases one encounters on congested highways and busy city roads. Another toxin that air purifiers work to eliminate is mold.
If you landed on this page, then you’re undoubtedly trying to find the answer to the question: what is the best car air purifier? I did in-depth research and created the best car air purifier 2020 review below. The purifiers discussed here are designed with the unique environment of a vehicle in mind.
Best Car Air Purifier 2020 Comparison
Philips GPC20GPX1 GoPure
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
VEVA 8000 Elite Pro Series Air Purifier
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
QUEENTY HEPA Car Air Purifier
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Craftronic 2-in-1 Car Air Purifier
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
ZERLA Car Air Purifier
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Best Car Air Purifier 2020
Philips GPC20GPX1 GoPure Compact 200 Car Air Purifier – Best Air Purifier for Car
This is one of the best car air purifiers to have inside the car for people spending a lot of time inside the vehicle and driving every day.
Its unique HESA technology removes up to 99% of chemical particles and toxic gases from interior plastics parts and car’s upholstery.
The Philips GPC20GPX1 Car Air Purifier removes nicotine smell 3x better than a usual ionizer for car.
The best car ionic air purifier is small, compact and comes with an air-particles sensor that determines air quality: perfect (blue), fair (yellow), and bad (red). The air quality indication is a very useful feature that many other air purification systems don’t have.
This GP ionic air freshener has an automatic switch-on when you start the car, 2 speeds to control filtration process and a filter LED showing that filter needs to be replaced. All these factors make it perfect and easy to use in any car.
Don’t forget to change the filter within 8-12 months according to the air quality inside of your car.
- 3-In-1 Filtration System (Pre Filter + HEPA Filter + HESA Filter) eliminates 99% of PM2.5 particles like allergens, dust particles, flower pollen, cigarette and fire smoke, unpleasant smells, pet hair, formaldehyde, and TVOC.
- Power – 3 Watts
- Noise level – 40 (Low)-50 (High) dB
- Current air quality sensor with 3 levels
- Automatic On/Off
- Voltage – 12 Volts
- Filter replacement indicator
- Frequency – 50 Hz
- Filter Lifetime – 350 hours
- CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate): 10m3/h
- Dimension – 6.9 x 6.9 x 2.9 in
- Power cable length – 4 meters
- 2 speeds
- Weight – 2.6 pounds
VEVA 8000 Elite Pro Series Air Purifier – Best Air Purifier for Car Pollution
This device comes with a true HEPA filter catching the maximum number of allergens. 4 Carbon pre-filters will catch 99.97% of all dust in the air, hair from pets, bacteria.
The best HEPA air purifier for a car can capture things down to as low as 0.3 microns and it also removes PM 2.5 particles. It will make a noticeable difference in air quality.
The problem is the VEVA 800 air purifier is too big for a simple vehicle. It is designed to control the quality of the air in spaces even larger than 325 square feet.
At the same time, it may be a perfect decision to purify the air in an RV trailer.
The Activated Carbon also catches those smells and eliminates the molecules in the air that cause bad odors like smelling cooked food, pets, or even second-hand smoke.
The VEVA 8000 HEPA car air filter comes with three fan speed changing from ultra quiet to turbo. The fan is ultra quiet and won’t disturb a driver.
The filters only need changing once a year if the air quality inside the car is not very poor.
- 3 Stage Air Speed
- Product Dimensions – 9 x 8 x 23 inches
- Item Weight – 6.72 pounds
- Remote Control
QUEENTY HEPA Car Air Purifier – Best Car Air Purifier for Smoke
The QUEENTY HEPA personal air purifier is a compact device and a portable car system which you can use wherever you want.
The unit is perfect for those suffering from nasal stuffiness, allergies, cough, asthma, sneezing.
One of the main features is the 3 stage filtration system:
- true HEPA filter
- carbon filter
The Queenty air purifier is smart technology and air filter for your car, that is created to eliminate pet dander, pollen, allergens, bacteria, TVOCs, and viruses.
So the mini car air purifier constantly cleans the space around you, making the air in the car is safe and healthy.
The device looks very stylish in any car with its futuristic design.
What comes in the box:
- Car air purifier with HEPA filter and USB cable connected
- User Manual
- Car charger
The unit turns off when the auto turns off and it doesn’t drain the battery while not running. Don’t forget that the filter needs replacement once in half of the year on average. Of course, if the air quality in your area is poor, you will have to change it more often.
- Dimension – 220mm x 90mm x 95mm
- Weight – 800g
- Material: stainless steel, PMMA, natural rubber, carbon, hyper fiberglass
- Air Purification Efficiency – High
- Noise – 45 – 55dB
- Input: DC 5V 1A
The QUEENTY HEPA Car Air Purifier eliminates the smell of a new car or irritating odors, automatic control makes it safe to use for drivers. Its filters make the unit perfect for smokers in the car and remove the smell of cigarettes fast and easily.
Craftronic 2-in-1 Car Air Purifier – Best Portable Car Air Purifier
For the first time, Craftronic 2-in-1 Car Air Purifier was adopted in the auto industry by Mercedes-Benz in their S-Class models.
The car purifier combines:
- Higher portability – its light-weight and design allow to take it anywhere you want.
- The body of the premium high-quality category with its exceptional craftsmanship and thoughtful engineering.
- 100% money-back guarantee
Wynd personal car air purifier is designed to deodorize bad smells, eliminate dust, bacteria, formaldehyde, viruses, gases, and cigarette smoke.
The Craftonic gives a 2-year warranty if something happens and a 100-day full refund without return required from you.
The unit is made from aluminum alloy and ABS plastics of the highest quality. It is a well-designed device with a silver layout and blue LED light. The ionic cleaner provides maximum durability without noise.
The thing is it makes air quality perfect but you feel a slight smell of ozone. So if you are too sensible to odors, this car air freshener isn’t for you.
- Negative ions output – 5.6 million
- Product Dimensions – 4.1 x 1.4 x 1.4 inches
- Weight – 1.44 ounces
- 90 days money-back & lifetime tech support
- 2-year warranty
- Materials – Aluminum Alloy + ABS
- Smoke Dispelling Test – 10-12 Seconds
ZERLA Car Air Purifier – The Best Car Air Purifier-Ionizer
This best air purifier for car exhaust differs from others as it uses the other technology – it releases 5.63 million negative ions per cm³.
This way, the device improves air quality and your health neutralizing benzene, formaldehyde bacteria, mold, and viruses.
There are also 2 USB ports for charging your smartphone or laptop and gleaming blue light gives your car a stylish look.
The ionic air purifier may run continuously even if the car if off, just plug it into the cigarette lighter port.
It can deodorize any unpleasant smell from a car (new or second-hand, kill harmful gases and refresh the air and inhibits the growth of mildew.
The purifier emits a light scent of ozone like after a summer rain shower. The ZERLA car air purifier operates silently as it doesn’t have fans. It emits a blue LED light to let you know that it is working.
- Weight – 4 ounces
- Product Size – 4.4 x 1.6 x 1.6 inches
- 2.4A Dual USB Ports
- Power Consumption: 0.8W
- Operating Temperature: -10℃ ~ 40℃ (14℉ ~ 104℉)
Best Air Purifier for a Car – Buyer’s Guide
When looking for a car air purifier, you want a device that is easy to operate and make the air inside your vehicle better.
The easiest-to-use car air purifiers have special features:
- They are designed for mobile use – small and portable, so they can be placed on a dashboard, attach to a visor, or strap onto the rear of a seat head. Some even fit into a car’s cupholder, eliminating the need for mounting hardware.
- Some models are USB rechargeable. They have additional USB ports built into them, so a driver can plug them into their cigarette lighter and conveniently charge the device while driving. A car plug-in air purifier is the simplest way to make the air fresher.
- They have power cords that plug directly into car’s 12V adapter.
- A dependable mounting system is also an important consideration.
- Air quality indicator can show you whether the air inside your car is clean or not. Typically it is done with LED lights. The best part of it is that you always have an opportunity to determine whether the system is really working or not.
Most car air purifiers use small fans that circulate the air through a filter that can retain small particles. Some air purifiers can also act as ionizers. They emit negative ions to levels that are found out in the wilderness.
There are many different models and many of them have different functions. Some car air purifiers are better than others, they have more functions such as automobile air ionizer, extra filters, and better performance.
Things To Keep In Mind
- Don’t forget that small car air purifiers can work well but they are nowhere near the performance of purifiers that are made to be used at home.
- Car air purifiers can remove the smell of smoke, pet odors or small particles and dust in the air inside your car.
- Models differ and their performance usually varies a bit. The cheaper models work well but for better performance, it is better to spend a bit extra.
- Many devices have an air ionizer function.
- In terms of pricing, they can vary a lot. To get the best air purifier for a car, make a list of the models that do not exceed the budget and compare them.
- Even advanced filters can get clogged after a long period of handling a car full of dust. Having an easily replaceable filter is important to maintaining clean air, but many models don’t have filters that are readily available.
- Do not expose to sunlight or place close to a source of heat.
- Never attempt to repair or disassemble the air purifier or its parts.
- Do not touch with wet hands or cloth when the air purifier is working.
How does car air purifier work?
The process totally depends on the model and type of purifying.
- Negative ionizers emit negatively charged ions into the air that capture pollutants without filters.
- HEPA air filter fibers trap the smallest particles and even gases
- Carbon filters remove bad smells and car fumes
Do car air purifiers really work?
Yes! They are really effective. But the way they work differs from the way home purifiers do. Many of them can't clean the air in big spaces, but their productivity is more than enough to make your car fresh.
How do you use an air purifier?
It is very easy. For the most models, it is enough just to plug it in and the unit is ready to go!
Are car ionizers safe?
Yes! They are absolutely safe. Negative ions are not harmful to youк lungs. Many confuse them with ozone generators emitting O3 that can be really bad for health.
What are the benefits of an air purifier?
- They eliminate triggers for asthmatics like pet dander or dust
- Capture cigarette smoke, preventing lung problems
- Extract asbestos particles, floating in the air, reducing mesothelioma development.
- Remove bad smells