Are you looking for the best air ionizer? You’re in the right place! In this post, we will find outyou can buy today.
An ionic air cleaner is a perfect decision for those who suffer from allergies and people thinking about effective cleaning the air in their apartments.
Just pointing out the positive aspects for air purifiers won’t help you make the best decision. So, we shared not only features and advantages, but also the disadvantages of best air ionizers 2018 that you may want to consider.
What to Look for in a Good Air Ionizer – Main Features and Best Models
What is the best air ionizer?
- negative ion output per second (the higher the better);
- good air ionizes should be very cheap to run with low voltage and requiring little energy
If you don’t have too much time for researching the detailed air cleaner ionizer reviews below, here are 2 best products you can get.
Best Air Ionizer 2018
Here is our top-10 of the best air ionizers:
- GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Purifier
- OION B-1000 Permanent Filter Ionic Air Purifier Pro Ionizer
- Ionic Pro 90IP01TA01W Turbo Ionic Air Purifier
- hOmeLabs 3 in 1 Ionic Air Purifier with HEPA Filter
- InvisiClean Aura Air Purifier
- SilverOnyx 4 in 1 Air Purifier
- Lasko Wind Curve Fan with Fresh Air Ionizer
- GermGuardian GG1000 Pluggable UV-C Sanitizer and Deodorizer
- IonPacific ionbox
- OdorStop OSAP5-5-in-1 Air Purifier
Best Air Ionizer 2018 Comparison
|Model||Filter Tech||Warranty||Product Dimensions|
|GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Purifier|
|Carbon, HEPA||3 years||7 x 10.2 x 21.5 inches|
|OION B-1000 Permanent Filter Ionic Air Purifier Pro Ionizer|
|Carbon, UV||***||5.5 x 6.5 x 17 inches|
|Ionic Pro 90IP01TA01W Turbo Ionic Air Purifier||***||1 year||7.5 x 28.5 x 9.5 inches|
|hOmeLabs 3 in 1 Ionic Air Purifier with HEPA Filter||Carbon, HEPA, Pre-filter||2 years||6.7 x 6.7 x 7.5 inches|
|InvisiClean Aura Air Purifier||Carbon, HEPA, UV||3 years||12.34 x 6.25 x 17.75 inches|
|SilverOnyx 4 in 1 Air Purifier||***||1 year||7.5 x 28.5 x 9.5 inches|
|Lasko Wind Curve Fan with Fresh Air Ionizer||***||1 year||10 x 9 x 42.5 inches|
|GermGuardian GG1000 Pluggable UV-C Sanitizer and Deodorizer||UV||1 year||3.5 x 3.5 x 7.5 inches|
|IonPacific ionbox||***||***||5.9 x 4.1 x 1.6 inches|
|OdorStop OSAP5-5-in-1 Air Purifier||HEPA, Active Carbon, UV, TiO2 Photocatalytic Filter||3 full replacement warranty||8 x 8 x 13 inches|
GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Purifier: World’s Best Air Purifier with Ionizer
The GermGuardian AC4825 is a three-stepfrom Guardian Technologies.
- The air goes through the back, hitting the prefilter and activated charcoal layer (this is a special type of carbon). This first filter catches large particles and pet hair and destroys odors from animals or smoke.
- Then, the air goes through a HEPA filter that catches fine particles like dust mites, pet dander, pollen, and anything that might cause allergies. It filters 99.97% of particles that are 3 microns wide
- And the last one – a UV light kills airborne bacteria and germs that also can cause allergies and disease. UV-C is also used for sterilizing medical instruments and purifying water.
This model is the top-selling and one of the best-rated air purifier & HEPA ionizer ionizers on Amazon and one of the best-tested air purifiers on the market.
- Weight: 7 pounds;
- 3 speeds;
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 10.2 x 21.5 inches.
OION B-1000 Permanent Filter Ionic Air Purifier Pro Ionizer: Best at Filtering Pet Hair and Large Particles
The O-ion B-1000 is known as a very low-powered purifier and nearly silent air ionizer.
It uses multiple filtration systems and includes a dust collector rod. A permanent charcoal filter doesn’t require replacing and saves your money.
This model works both as ionizer and ozone generator, which also kills germs and freshens the air. But people with respiratory illnesses should consult their doctor before using ozone generation, as it can negatively affect lung health.
- 2 speeds: high and low;
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 6.5 x 17 inches;
- Item Weight: 3.8 pounds;
Ionic Pro 90IP01TA01W Turbo Ionic Air Purifier: Best for Allergies and Those Who Have Respiratory Conditions
The Envion Ionic Pro 901P01W Turbo Ionic Air Purifier uses cutting-edge technology that is very effective at removing all air-borne pollutants and gets rids of offensive smells and odors. It has a front-loading collection blade which makes cleaning it quick and easy.
You can pull the blades out and clean them once a month is enough for optimal it working.
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 28.5 x 9.5 inches
- Item Weight: 7.8 pounds
hOmeLabs 3 in 1 Ionic Air Purifier with HEPA Filter: Best for Homes that are Musty and Moldy
The four-stage filter you find inside The hOmeLabs 3 in 1 Ionic Air Purifier is HEPA certified, and it will be much stronger than any other filter. It will take all the allergens and germs out of the air. The second filter is activated carbon that is quite powerful when you use it in air purifying. And the last but not the least function is air ionizing.
The main filter needs to be changed every 3 to 5 years, the carbon pre-filter will need to be changed every 3 months.
Theis made to cover 50 square feet and perfect for something such as a closet, office, or bathroom. You may place this air ionizer in a tight location where it will not overheat because of the low power consumption. The light indicator will change color when it’s time to change filters so you don’t have to worry about forgetting about it.
- Two speeds;
- Size: 6.7 x 6.7 x 7.5 inches;
- Weight: 2.4 lbs;
- Power: AC 110V / 4.6W / 50~60Hz.
InvisiClean Aura Air Purifier: Best Air Filter Ionizer for Cigarette Smoke
The Aura 4 in 1 incorporates:
- a true HEPA filter – cleans the air from harmful particles like viruses, pollutants, germs, allergens, and dust.
- an activated carbon pre-filter – helps to prevent the growth of bacteria.
- UV-C light – destroying harmful microorganisms in the air around your home.
- an ionizer – helps to trap more airborne particles for better clean air in your home.
The InvisiClean ionizer for home is fitted with a powerful direct current motor, that creates more air output using up less power.
- Measures: 12.34 x 6.25 x 17.75 inches
- Weight: 8.9 lbs
- Maximum CADR: 170 CFM
- Coverage: 300 square feet
- Fan Speeds: Low, Med, High, Turbo
- Timer: 2, 4, 8 Hours
SilverOnyx 4 in 1 Air Purifier: Best Compact + Multifunctional Air Ionizer
SilverOnyx 4 in1 Air Purifier is a compact device that can clean air in rooms of up to 600-square feet.
- A mesh pre-filter captures large particles;
- The HEPA-grade filter captures up to 99.97% of dust and other irritants;
- The carbon filter deodorizes the air;
- The built-in air ionizer removes floating particles of bacteria;
- The ultraviolet light destroys any leftover microorganisms.
Filter life will depend on the duration of use, but the manufacturer recommends replacing them every 6 months.
One of the main features of this device is an auto mode. The air quality sensor automatically determines how contaminated the air is in your home, and the automatic mode will adjust the fan speed accordingly.
- Weight: 5.35 lbs;
- Tall: 10.3-inches;
- Comes in three colors (black, white, silver);
- Five fan speeds;
- Noise: <25dB;
- CADR: 140m³/h (85 CFM).
Lasko Wind Curve Fan with Fresh Air Ionizer: Best for Small or Midsize Spaces
The Lasko Wind Curve Fan is a perfect device for cleaning the air in small offices or places like that.
This tower fan oscillates up to 90 degrees, which is a good range for covering a whole room.
The ionizer included can help reduce the allergens in the air. The device is easy to use as it has remote control.
The fan blades must be cleaned from time to time. You can blow the dust out with a blower and it worked really well.
- 3 speeds;
- Height: 42.5 inches;
- Width: 9 inches;
- Weight: 13 pounds;
- Maximum Oscillation Angle: 90°;
- Available Colors: Gray, Wood.
GermGuardian GG1000 Pluggable UV-C Sanitizer and Deodorizer: Best Easy to Use Device
GermGuardian GG1000 UV-C Sanitizer is a pluggable device made to destroy micro-organisms like bacteria and viruses. It has ultraviolet protection and also serves as a deodorizer, it helps reduce odors from mildew, smoke, cooking, pet areas and more.
The fan of the GG1000 air freshener ionizer is capable of pulling 456 cubic feet of air per hour. The device is very easy to use, it starts to freshen and deodorize your home’s air right away after plugging. The time of removing germs depends upon the size of the room and the height of the ceiling.
For example, an 8 x 8 x 8 room with 8 ft tall ceiling is 512 cubic ft of air, and it takes 1.12 hours to clean.
- Weight: 11 lbs;
- Product Dimensions: 3.5 x 3.5 x 7.5 inches;
- Item Weight: 1.6 pounds.
IonPacific ionbox: Best Portable Air Ionizer for Travelling on the Market
The Ionbox is a negative ion generating machine that electrically charges and energizes a space, creating around 20,000,000 negative ions per second. It fits in the palm of a hand and it comes in corded or battery operated models. Unlike many air purifiers, this electrical air ionizer machine does not emit ozone.
This cheap air ionizer makes the air cleaner and easier to breathe and destroys any odors.
- 20 million negative ions/sec;
- Dual Voltage110/220V;
- USB Plug for PCs, Laptops or Cars;
- Ultra low 1.5 watts;
- Package Dimensions 5.9 x 4.1 x 1.6 inches;
- Item Weight 0.8 ounces.
OdorStop OSAP5-5-in-1 Air Purifier: Best Air Ionizer for Capturing the Dust
OdorStop OSAP5 includes:
- HEPA filter – filters contaminants bigger than 0.3 microns;
- UV and TiO2 Photocatalytic Filter – destroy volatile organic compounds;
- Active carbon removes contaminants;
- Ionizer reduces airborne particles;
- Pre-filter that filters out larger particles.
Thishelps to eliminate pet odors and is extremely effective in reducing asthma triggers, dust, and pollen as well. After using the ionizer you won’t notice a single piece of dust in the air and will be ready for allergy season. It is perfect for dens, bedrooms, kitchens, and rooms up to 800 Square feet.
This home ionizer is much quieter, on the lowest speed the fan is practically silent which is perfect for night time use.
- 24-hr timer;
- Sleep mode;
- Auto mode;
- 5-speed motor;
- Filter life and air quality display;
- 3 full replacement warranty;
- 30-day money back guarantee;
- Product Dimensions 8 x 8 x 13 inches;
- Color – Black;
- Item Weight 7.95 pounds.
Best Air Ionizer – Buyer’s Guide
How Does It Work?
In fact, the way an air ionizer works is not so complicated as it may seem, it is based on basic physic rules.
Room air ionizers contain an electrically charged wire, which sends negatively charged molecules or ions into the air in your home. They come into a contact with pollutants in the space with the help of an electric attraction.
There are 2 types of system:
- ions force dust, pollen, and bacteria to stick to surfaces in a room (walls, a floor, ceiling, etc.);
- or attract them on an electrically-charged collection plate near the ionizer.
This way best ionic air purifiers improve the quality of the air you breathe in and reduce the amount of pollutants that enter your lungs.
Most people put them away from the wall so that it can get good circulation throughout the room, and some even put it in the middle of the room.
Why an Ionic Air Purifier is What You Need
- It doesn’t require a physical filter;
- The best rated ionic air purifiers can remove particulates as small as 0.01 microns;
- Ionic air purifiers are absolutely safe, and unlike ozone generators can be used in occupied spaces;
- It is often packaged with one or more additional air cleaning features (carbon filter, UV-light, Ozone generation, HEPA-filter, etc).
As we mentioned in air ionizer reviews, there are two room ionizers we recommend that are completely safe for home use. They are GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Purifier and OION B-1000 Permanent Filter Ionic Air Purifier Pro Ionizer.
My name is Stanislav Matveev. Here, on this site I write articles about an eco-friendly and healthy lifestyle. I’ve been a raw vegan since July 2015.